PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Pink conspiracy theory

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

grambow
03-22-2014, 04:57 PM
I purchased a gallon of CG Maxi Suds a couple years ago and loved it. Fast forward to last year when I purchased a new gallon and noticed the smell was different. It seemed to work just as well. I recently received a sample of Mr. Pink and noticed it smells remarkable like the old Maxi Suds. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible that Mr. Pink is just a rebranded previous version on Maxi Suds?

swanicyouth
03-22-2014, 05:02 PM
I thought of this (and posted something similar a while ago).

To me:

1/2 cup of Maxi Suds II + 1/2 cup of H20 = 1 cup of Mr Pink

Mr Pink... Blah.

Rmd
03-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I know that Maxi Suds II has fans in the forums. I've used both in a foam gun (not cannon), with very mediocre results. Neither foamed up well for me. Results with foam gun seem to depend on quality of water that you have. For me, the CG citrus line, clear, wash & gloss, and red, foamed up much better and rinsed off easier. Honeydew was also very good. Mr. Pink and Maxi Suds II are sitting on the shelf.

conquistador
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Agreed Mr. Pink sucks. I made a mistake and bought a gallon when it was first released. It is by far the worst car wash I have in my collection. Poor lubricity and cleaned about as good as pure water. I now only use it to clean my wheels and in my foam cannon.

Rmd
03-22-2014, 05:55 PM
A bit off topic, but an "amusing to me" story about CG soaps in the gallon size. A couple months back CG has a massive clearance sale of soaps with the older white labels that they have now replaced with updated colored vinyl labels. They were unloading the 16oz pints of the soaps at $1 each. In typically odd CG pricing they were also selling gallons for $10. I picked up 24 of the pints split between citrus clear, wash & gloss, and red. The guy at the counter asked me why I was buying 24 bottles of 16oz soap ($1) instead of gallon size ($10). I casually mentioned that there are eight 16oz pints in a gallon. Go figure.

swanicyouth
03-22-2014, 05:58 PM
A bit off topic, but an "amusing to me" story about CG soaps in the gallon size. A couple months back CG has a massive clearance sale of soaps with the older white labels that they have now replaced with updated colored vinyl labels. They were unloading the 16oz pints of the soaps at $1 each. In typically odd CG pricing they were also selling gallons for $10. I picked up 24 of the pints split between citrus clear, wash & gloss, and red. The guy at the counter asked me why I was buying 24 bottles of 16oz soap ($1) instead of gallon size ($10). I casually mentioned that there are eight 16oz pints in a gallon. Go figure.

Funny.

Hey, they're Chemical Guys - not Math Guys.

Chris@AutoCleanse
03-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Funny.

I am still laughing, good one swanicyouth.

VP Mark
03-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Mr. Pink was one of the worst car washes I've ever used. Seriously anything from wall mart would probably work as well or better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

FUNX650
03-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Is it possible that Mr. Pink is just a rebranded previous version on Maxi Suds?
This is a conspiracy?
From where did this visceral feeling arise?
Has your amygdala been working overtime?

Bob

tpr1634
03-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Worked fine today in my foam "boom boom" cannon.

VISITOR
03-22-2014, 08:47 PM
can't speak for mr.pink but i've been through 2 gallons of maxi suds II and after trying 3D's pink soap (works equally as well if not better than the formentioned and only $14.99 a gallon), i will never buy maxi suds II again nor do i need to buy mr.pink which is more expensive. works well in the foam gun/cannon and is a great maintenance soap...

brondondolon
03-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Funny.

Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

stemyx
03-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Worked fine today in my foam "boom boom" cannon.

Hahaha!! Lol that's funny! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

CowboyTruckn
03-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I love mr pink. I use it in a traditional 2 bucket method. Suds up nice, cleans fine, and love the color and smell. I use it on all my maintenance washes.

Bunky
03-23-2014, 06:03 AM
Mr. Pink is definitely not as concentrated as Maxi Suds but then CG recommends dilutions of 1 ounce to 4 to 5 gallons for Maxi-Suds but their web site has not often been consistent. But I did not like Max Suds that diluted either.

Mr. Pink is listed as 1 ounces to 2 gallons so if someone is using it any thinner I can see why people are not liking it.

I have used it once at 1 ounces to 2 gallons and it seemed to work fine and want to try it again. It was easier to rinse than Maxi Suds.

When comparing soap experiences it is important to note what dilution one is using since it makes a big difference.