PDA

View Full Version : menzern polishes on plastic/vinyl?

Thejoyofdriving
07-13-2007, 07:54 PM
can i use menzern polishes on plastic like a convertible vinyl window.

orngez
07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
not recommended...it tends to leave a lot of haze...use megs plastx....works great and is pretty inexpensive...available on AG or you can go to your local walmart...

SuperShiny
07-13-2007, 11:08 PM
3M plastic cleaner and polish are good products or Meguiar's PlastX. ;)

3M eStore: 3M Plastic Cleaner (http://www.3mestore.com/plastic-cleaner.html)

3M eStore: 3M Plastic Polish (http://www.3mestore.com/plastic-ploish.html)

2KLS1
07-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I've used it on my tail lights just fine. I don't know about using it on vinyl windows though.

Tropicality
07-14-2007, 05:07 AM
What about on windows?

Thejoyofdriving
07-14-2007, 04:00 PM
What about on windows?

ya, what about on windows?

Al-53
07-14-2007, 04:18 PM
ya, what about on windows?

I used PO85Rd on a windshield to remove water spots and it worked fine..BUT..PO85RD is the lightest polish Menz makes...so I do not know how SIP or 106ff or the other's will fair on glass....some glass is soft and easy to haze...I took a chance using PO85RD.....I got 1Z glass polish in my last order from Europe...and it works like a champ....plus I feel safer..

Now poorboys pro polish works well on glass....there are some good glass polishes available...and safer also

Al

Tropicality
07-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Good to know AL.

I can't believe how bad waterspots are... My car is 2 months off the lot and already I got some on it, with an older car I never really payed attention to it and didn't realize how easy you could get them. I am for sure always drying my car from now on, because now I have to find a way to remove the stupid things!

Heres another question for you, how do you remove them on the side mirrors? Given such a small space to work with, do you just wrap your finger in an MF and rub with a glass polish? Or do you actually remove the mirror? Or what?

Al-53
07-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Careful on side mirrors...they use very cheap glass and would not use any thing with abrasives...I would use a chemical polish like PB's pro polish..use with a Meg's yellow foam ...or something like AIO....or a dedicated glass polish..that glass is so soft and cheap...but nothing abrasive...or you will have scratch city ....

Al