PDA

View Full Version : Question on Natty's paste wax

solman
03-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I have a can of the blue paste wax which I bought some time ago. I noticed today that the wax is very dry and crumbly is there a way to rejuvenate it or is it now junk? Also I see it has petroleum products in it and was wondering why? I thought the better products did not have any such additives in it.

tuscarora dave
03-22-2014, 11:21 AM
I stopped buying it because of that, though aside from a few crumbly chunks on the applicator it seems to work fine once you spread the chunks thin enough to get a good thin coverage.

My best guess is that there are a lot of solvents in it, designed to make it a soft, easy to spread wax that evaporate off over time leaving the remaining components cracked and shrunken.

At $20 something a tub I wouldn't consider it "Better Products".

solman
03-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks Dave. I guess then it's just the nature of that product. I ran out of the Pinnacle Souveran wax and had the Natty's I figured to try it, but it's so crumbly it is a hassle to deal with. I guess I will buck up and get more of the pinnacle wax. It looks great and is easy to use but doesn't last too long.

GettingStarted
03-22-2014, 07:18 PM
If I remember correctly if you only mildy heat up the wax it should return to normal. Maybe leave it out in the sun on some black pavement and see if that works. Although I wouldn't recommend putting it next to an open flame.