PDA

View Full Version : My New Favorite QD is....

Pages : [1] 2

swanicyouth
03-22-2014, 08:13 AM
303 Speed Detailer. Who woulda thunk it? These people make fabric protection and plastic protection.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/navuma6a.jpg

This stuff is:

- amazingly slick

-glossy

-easy to use

One of the best for sure. Hidden gem. The bottle also says "Powerful UV Protection" & "Protects", so its likely leaving polymers behind.
Be getting more of this for sure.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Really?

I opened your thread thinking it was going to be Sonax BSD.

swanicyouth
03-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Trust me, this stuff is awesome. Much slicker than Sonax. Unsure of the beading - yet. But if its slickness you want...

JHL88
03-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Is it like a WOWA type of QD or is a buff with a second towel necessary?

FWIW I just tried my free sample of WG instant detail spritz and it was awesome too. I didn't need a second towel for final buff.

swanicyouth
03-22-2014, 09:29 AM
One towel deal.

03-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Very interesting, may just give it a try!

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Interesting, now I feel compelled to try it. Great, there goes more money... :-p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh
03-22-2014, 11:29 AM
How does it fair with the Aquawax QD?

Rmd
03-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Are you going to add it to your thread on L2D? Based on that I have been using Sonax BSD lately. Beading is absolutely unreal! Not slick though, and I really like slick. I topped it with V7 which added slickness factor, and so far doesn't seem to impede the beading. Will definitely try the 303 now.

BSD is awesome on wheels, too. As many can relate, BMW wheels have been the bane of my existence, and the BSD on top of Opti-seal has made the cleaning process a breeze.

pld
03-22-2014, 01:53 PM
The supplier in Canada I deal with has the 303 speed detailer in 32 oz size for $14.50 ; going to have to give it a try, Thank's swanicyouth! Sometimes a few products get used and are very good with excellent results and I go onto my supplier's site and 9 times out of 10 I'd be needing to win the lottery because some products are just so expensive.

swanicyouth
03-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Are you going to add it to your thread on L2D? Based on that I have been using Sonax BSD lately. Beading is absolutely unreal! Not slick though, and I really like slick. I topped it with V7 which added slickness factor, and so far doesn't seem to impede the beading. Will definitely try the 303 now.

BSD is awesome on wheels, too. As many can relate, BMW wheels have been the bane of my existence, and the BSD on top of Opti-seal has made the cleaning process a breeze.

I'll get around to adding it to L2D eventually. Right now I'm testing BlackFire stuff. I had a winter lull due to the insane amount of snow we had here.

Kamakaz1961
03-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Swanicyouth You have good taste!! I am in your category as one of my better QD! It is in my top 3!!
I also like Blackfire Diamond Polymer spray! Either one are great!!

I just recently tried the Pinnacle Black Label DS and the product is good but the sprayer SUCKS!!!! It sprays on to misty and any wind dries the product too quick. I threw the bottle away and put it in a $1 spray bottle and it's performace made it in my top 3. If I used the sprayer it came with I would have put that on the bottom of all QD's. That is how much I hate the spray bottle it comes in.

So my 2 cents worth and my top 3 QD's. Have an awesome day!

Shortspark
03-22-2014, 03:08 PM
For some reason I don't think I was even aware of this product, although I live and die by 303 Aerospace Protectant for everything in my car's interior. There is no better UV protection than that provided by 303 so I have to assume this QD would have that protective characteristic as well. I see you (the OP) have pictured the 2 oz. spray but AG also has it in a 32 oz. bottle sprayer for only nine dollars. That is cheaper by ounce than AquaWax and even my "newest" favorite QD, Lucas Slick Mist Spray Wax. In fact, 303 may be the cheapest or one of the cheapest, name brand QDs on the market.

Like most other products, I've read that this QD has some good reviews and some bad ones, but at this price it is worth the try. Speaking of Lucas, that Slick Mist is also worth a try - it is excellent, smells great and as the name implies, leaves the finish slick as can be! You can find it at Walmart for around nine bucks a bottle (however, it is a smaller bottle than 303).

Kamakaz1961
03-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Interesting, now I feel compelled to try it. Great, there goes more money... :-p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LMAO!!!! There goes the money!!!
Im the MAN

ski2
03-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Swanicyouth--how would you compare it to CG V7?? I find V7 very slick and a great drying aid, but it's pricey. $12 for 32 oz of the 303 is a great deal.