PDA

View Full Version : Leather Care kills my Bose's headphone

nat88
03-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Dear all,

Long story, but I want to make it short as possible.
I did apply better leather care product which is autoglym leather care balm (no cleaning inside as it states) to my Bose's headphone which costs me at least 350$. At the same time, I did apply Meguiar's Goldglass Rich leather to my hand gloves.

At beginning, both gloves and headphone's leather look very nice after applying the products. It looks smoother, nice darker color and clean. But just after several days, I am almost under very shock because the leather peels it off automatically into several small leather pieces. It become worse when the cushion of earphone take apart around stitches. It's the same to hand gloves, there's like hundred of small leather skins peel it off.

Is this only for products from Meguiars and Autoglym? How's about higher quality products from Pinnacle, wolfgang's, etc...specially from Black Label product? I ask this because it seems to have a small description to avoid to use on soft glove leather within Pinnacle and wolfgang's

Explain please if possible why?

Thank you in advance

KillaCam
03-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Are you sure that's real uncoated leather?
Also why would you need to put protectant on those?

GenesisCoupe
03-21-2014, 10:07 PM
^^my question too, why protect headphones?

nat88
03-21-2014, 10:13 PM
bcs I want leather on the phone will be last forever like a car, specially headphone costs me 350 bucks lol

Matt-erhorn
03-21-2014, 10:23 PM
bcs I want leather on the phone will be last forever like a car, specially headphone costs me 350 bucks lol

There really is no need to protect them still. My dad has some of the QC15 and they are super durable for a long time and even if they have problems. Bose amazing customer care will take care of you.

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-22-2014, 07:56 AM
I've had the same Bose headphones for 7 years. When the cups finally wore out I ordered replacements straight from Bose for less than $30. No need to protect them. Just replace them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

FUNX650
03-22-2014, 08:27 AM
I have found out over the years that performing certain facets of personal hygiene, on a regular basis, is what will assure years and years of trouble-free headphone usage...
Not applications of aftermarket "leather-care" products.

Bob

sunday joe
03-22-2014, 09:28 AM
I have found out over the years that performing certain facets of personal hygiene, on a regular basis, is what will assure years and years of trouble-free headphone usage...
Not applications of aftermarket "leather-care" products.

Bob

I take it you mean personal hygiene performed on the body, not the headphones ?

FUNX650
03-22-2014, 10:11 AM
I take it you mean personal hygiene performed on the body, not the headphones ?
Yes...(of course)!
Unless someone has headphones as a vestigial-structure. :eek:

Bob