PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think?

Pages : [1] 2

hernandez.art13
03-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Check it out everyone. 2.5 hours of detailing and 2,500+ pictures shrunken down to 2:54 sec/mins.

Detailing Art - Wheels and Tires - YouTube

The 2 grit guards in one bucket works great to keep your brushes clean. I have a total of 4 grit guards now. 2 for paint and 2 for wheels and tires.

Also if you place it upside down and shoot the jet stream at one of the 4 quadrents directly. The Grit Guard will start spinning and mix the soap and water for you. It'll foam up to just the right amount.

Thanks for watching guys and questions or comments are always welcome.

Thanks,
Art

Feed back please:cruisin:

03-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Cool video Art!

What products did you use?

jamesboyy
03-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Excellent video you made art...keep up the good work

hernandez.art13
03-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Oh forgot to add. I added all the products and some quick tips. You just have to make sure you turn on you Closed Captions button

hernandez.art13
03-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Cool video Art!

What products did you use?

Try and turn on the closed captions in the video and see if you can read what I wrote for tips and product descriptions.

Let me know if it works

jamesboyy
03-21-2014, 09:54 PM
It works for me thanks for information, and tips art

geekdout
03-21-2014, 10:08 PM
I really like the video Art. Your idea about using two Grit Guards with your wheel and tire brushes is great.

I was wondering if you know of a product that would work for adding some protection on top of flat or matte black wheels.

hernandez.art13
03-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks geekdout, actually from my experience (haven't tried it yet)

For durability Ultima Tire and Trim easily beat,

Chemical Guys VRP
Meguiar's Tire and Trim
Optimum Opti Bond
CarPro PERL

So what I did was use Ultima Tire and Trim, then after my first weeks wash, it still was pretty visible that the dressing was holding up. But somewhat dulling.

So I topped it with PERL, undiluted. (to glossy for my liking)

so next week when I wash it again I am going to

Top:
Ultima Tire and Trim
topped with
CarPro PERL 1:1 so we'll see, i might have to boost it some or add 2 applications

so 2 parts PERL and 1 part water.

Hope that helps

hernandez.art13
03-21-2014, 10:43 PM
I really like the video Art. Your idea about using two Grit Guards with your wheel and tire brushes is great.

I was wondering if you know of a product that would work for adding some protection on top of flat or matte black wheels.

oh sorry re read this and you said wheels not tires.

For matte wheels, I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. It added a small amount of gloss but not to much and IMO it gave the wheels a nice wet matt look. I took down the Rx7 video I made because I want to remake it, now that I have all this camera gear.

Collinite 476s is known for its durability and doesn't add that much gloss so that might work? but haven't tried it yet. (just do a test spot and see how it goes, then report back)

also haven't tried this either, but I've read that people have actually Opti Coated matte paint and they liked the results, so that might work also...,

so in the end when your not sure, do a test spot.

GenesisCoupe
03-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Nice work!

swanicyouth
03-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Art's video was approved by Lemmy

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/a8e3aqyr.jpg

...and me too.

hernandez.art13
03-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Thanks Swanic, I replied to you over at Autopia btw.

so 2 questions everyone,

has nobody really tried using 2 grit guards in 1 bucket for wheels and tires. If you haven't the results are great and very cheap too. Just need another bucket about $4 at Home Depot and 2 grit guards

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/medium/Wheel_and_Tires.JPG

Second question is, does anybody know where I can get a clear bucket? clear as in see through? I have another idea that I want to document on video.

Radarryan
03-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Nice video, Art, as always. The only thing I would add is you may want to start wearing gloves, especially if it is for people who are just getting into detailing, as it is best practice. If you read some of the chemicals that are in the various products that we use, you'll see that you want some protection against it getting into your body, especially when something as easy as gloves prevents a great deal of potential harm. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next video!

hernandez.art13
03-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Honestly, I always thought it would to dorky to wear gloves.

But after discovering AGO and read what was discussed about and hearing Renny Doyle's saying. If it's on your skin it's in your body.

I am definitely going to be getting gloves on my next purchase. There pretty inexpensive too.

Thanks for the compliment and tip.

KillaCam
03-22-2014, 12:38 AM
Hard to see what steps you are doing. What's the APC for? And did you use D143 twice on each tire?
I usually just rinse my brushes out with a squirt from the hose, saves me from having to carry around that heavy bucket.