PDA

View Full Version : duration of rinseless wash solution

CowboyTruckn
03-21-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm planning in a few months to travel 12 hours to a car show that my car will be in. I will be polishing, waxing, etc before I leave. The car will be trailered but it won't be enclosed. I can't guarantee I'll get the chance to wash one I get up there so I have decided to use a rinseless wash. I can haul a couple five gallon buckets and detailing supplies. I dint know how accessible water will be so I was wondering if I could mix the solution before I left. Will it last a couple days and still be good to use? I'm planning on the CG eco wash stuff.

cleanmycorolla
03-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Oh dude you'll be fine! I have mixes on UWW+ in gallons for like years, it will be fine! So have no fears, so long as you have a lid on it to protect from debris getting in, I dont see how the solution mixed, will go bad!

Enjoy, good luck at the show!

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Yeah it wont go bad. Most of the chemicals sold are diluted in water.

hogie
03-21-2014, 12:14 PM
My rinseless wash has been going all winter long with no problems. I just wish I had this stuff around when I was going to car shows all over the place.

I hated being in a strange town looking for the coin op washes. Especially since I always ended up on the wrong side of town.

cleanmycorolla
03-21-2014, 12:34 PM
My rinseless wash has been going all winter long with no problems. I just wish I had this stuff around when I was going to car shows all over the place.

I hated being in a strange town looking for the coin op washes. Especially since I always ended up on the wrong side of town.

Look into waterless washes too, you can take a little pump sprayer with you!

hogie
03-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Look into waterless washes too, you can take a little pump sprayer with you!

I actually have a couple Meguiars Wash and Wax anywheres as well as UWW+ concentrate. Other than knocking out some lovebugs last time I was in Fl I don't have as much need to travel spotless.

cleanmycorolla
03-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I actually have a couple Meguiars Wash and Wax anywheres as well as UWW+ concentrate. Other than knocking out some lovebugs last time I was in Fl I don't have as much need to travel spotless.

excellent! ignore my advice then lol. You already got the goods down! :dblthumb2:

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Mix it with some distilled or DI water in case it's hot and might dry on the car. Should t leave water spots this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CowboyTruckn
03-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks this will be my first trial of this washing method... hadn't ever wanted or needed to before but this seems like the perfect time

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2014, 07:40 PM
What's one of the best WW concentrates? I seen duragloss has one...

cleanmycorolla
03-21-2014, 07:46 PM
What's one of the best WW concentrates? I seen duragloss has one...

UWW+ or Pinnacle IMO. Slight edge to UWW+

VISITOR
03-21-2014, 08:01 PM
you shouldn't have any problems. look at DG rinseless wash, it says to dilute 3 ounces to 16 ounces of water to make a QD and there isn't any mention it has to be used in a specific amount of time and the same goes for ONR as well...

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2014, 08:03 PM
So no need for a WW? Just mix them into QDs?

VISITOR
03-21-2014, 08:07 PM
So no need for a WW? Just mix them into QDs?

i use a pre-mixed QD solution in a kwazar bottle (same one below and bought it locally at a horse supply store) and spray each panel before wiping with the wash media...
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/chemicalGuys7/HEX%20LOGIC%20HAND%20PADS/IMG_4894.jpg

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah so basically just mix the WW into QD strength and wipe the panel?