PDA

View Full Version : Megs Compound, Polish Then Pernanon?

mgmoore7
03-21-2014, 05:30 AM
That's it, is there any issue in following up Meg's Ultimate Polish with Pernanon?

BobbyG
03-21-2014, 05:51 AM
No, not at all.

If you wanted to add some additional pop add a sealant after the wax then Permanon as the last step....

mgmoore7
03-21-2014, 06:01 AM
BobbyG
I have Megs Ultimate Wax as well but was thinking to replace Pernanon with it for the roof of my Excursion due to the difficulty of maintenance on it. Hoping, based on research here that the Pernanon will last longer than the Megs Ultimate Wax.

But you are saying that I could make it 4 steps with the Ult. Wax if I want for some additional pop? Might do that for the hood, in this case, we never see the roof as it is about 6.5'.

BobbyG
03-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Permanon is a great product and one of the easiest to use. It will bond to nearly everything it's applied to including wax. The downside with wax is it simply sits on top of what it's applied on, meaning it doesn't bond. Wax evaporates quickly and as it disappears so will the Permanon protection.

Sealants actually bond to the finish giving them the edge in durability. Applying Permanon on top of a sealant is your best option. If you don't have or don't want to apply a sealant then I suggest you apply it directly to the freshly polished surface...

mgmoore7
03-21-2014, 06:30 AM
Ahhh, I am getting it now. I thought the Megs Ultimate Wax was more of a sealant than a wax.

Anyway, in this application, I am looking to clean the paint up some and then put a good layer of protection within reasonable time...

I will stick with the compound, polish, then Permanon for now until I run out of polish and next time maybe switch to a sealant.

Thanks for the help.

The Guz
03-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Ultimate wax is a sealant.

SYMAWD
03-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Personally I would apply Permanon first. I believe they recommend applying it to a bare surface.

Crispy2001
05-06-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm a huge fan of Permanon especially on wheel. I used to use it over Opti-Coat 2.0 for couple years. No issues at all. Moved on to different paint protection regime, but the "wheels remain the same".