PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz Finest or Modesta Bc-05

Pages : 1 [2]

Avi@CarPro
03-21-2014, 07:18 AM
I've talked with a couple of Modesta Installers. It sounds like a great product that is "supposedly" glossier and more scratch and mar resistant. I logged in and set up an account to be able to purchase the coatings but the price blew my mind. Now I have only talked to installers about the product, no hands on experience. It may be amazing and I hope it is. Not to sway you either way. But just some things to think about.
Modesta - may be amazing but, rather new not as much testing or reviews have been done as Finest.
How many cars has the installer coated with BC-05. The application process is different as well as the prep. Some say the primer needs to be used others say it's not.
Is the installer providing a warranty on Modesta or Finest and how do those compare?
Another factor to me would be proven difference and what my budget looks like.
I said all that to say if the claims that were made to me were true I would go with Modesta BC-05 and also the wheels in BC-04 ( I think that's the wheel coating), but if it was a huge price difference I would go with Finest and let the Modesta coating play out and see how it compares with some of the other coatings over time. Two things I have yet to see that Finest has provided:
1. A video of measurable thickness
2. A video demonstrating it's scratch resistance abilities.

Whatever you pick I hope your pleased and if it is Modesta I hope you will let me know what you think!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi
compare to any other coating brand we are the only ones who always proved real time tests for our coatings.
never promised the heaven and always stand behind our promises.
im not going to bias our competitor's, we ran our tests with any brand including the ones in this topic, so we know our truth.

now , we dont say Finest is full proof anti scratch coat, there is nothing in the world that can protect from that,
we do say it will massively protect from 50% swirling, this video done 2 years ago by one of our Finest detailers in Finland, in this video he done 6 layers coat, to test hardness and thickness, in this pic he measured round about the thickness(impossible to measure exact spot) :
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab275/Aquartz/Finestthickness6layers_zps0a7b020f.jpg (http://s871.photobucket.com/user/Aquartz/media/Finestthickness6layers_zps0a7b020f.jpg.html)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvpcvSh_70]CQUARTZ FINEST QUICK TEST - YouTube[/video]

in this video you can see full treatment from the start until final coat. the scratching done with dish wash sponge , resemble to 600 grit sandings!!, no wash mitt has such abrasives, you can see in the end much less scratches on Finest side than non coated side .:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6c_GMX97s]Cquartz FINEST anti scratch.mp4 - YouTube[/video]

i would like to see any real time proof with test figures(gloss meter, thickness meter) from any of our competitors , not only glossy pics and promised warranty times :xyxthumbs:
Admins if you find this post spamming, since Finest not sold under AG, please remove it.

A-train
03-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Avi, thanks for your post and informational videos and pics. Like I said in my post Finest is proven others aren't. Some large claims were made on the other coating but like I said they had yet to provide proof. I hope this is what you took away from my post.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dr_Pain
03-21-2014, 10:39 AM
I've installed a few coatings and would like to bring in one point that keeps circling in my head. People speak of the durability difference between all the different coatings, and although it is a valid point of reference in your decision making process, we fail to appreciate that those coatings are not impervious to scratches and swirls and marring from weekly maintenance (and not idiot proof).

In all likelihood the car will need to be polished in 2-4 years (again depending on what you or the customer do) and will need to be re-coated after. Why should you spend more for the allure of a product that last indefinitely, or 5-10 years (according to the manufacturer... no independent testing!?!), when ultimately you will end up needing to refresh and refine in 2-4 years. Although Finest, and Black Label only has claims up-to 3 years, the maintenance with the boosters should give you additional time on that degradation timeline.

Price point and labor being equal I think you would be better served by #1 CQuartz Finest and #2 OC Pro, then I would have to include CQuartz UK, Pinnacle Black Label, etc..

Modesta, Ceramic Pro 9H etc.. (for the price) would fit in my arsenal for someone that has to have the "exclusive" regardless of the reality in which we work. Personally I would have a hard time marketing the 9H considering there are no testing and they don't exactly describe the scale or testing. At least the 2 MOHS that Finest claims is a standard measure on a standardized scale, and I would be hard pressed to believe that they would "fudge" the marketing tower the lower end of the hardness scale. Not only that, they are the only manufacturer that actually has torture test video (regardless if they are level 1 double-blind controlled clinical trial)

Lets get some independent standardized testing on hardness, UV protection, acid/alkalinity resistance, resistance to water spotting/marking, marring/swirling/scratch protection etc... and I may change my mind but so far I will echo that I am siding with the tried and true