PDA

View Full Version : Garage design for detailing

Gokite
03-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm building a house...three car garage...so, the question is, how do you think it should be set up? The space is 23x34 with an extra 3x7 area to the side.

Lets hear your ideas!

HD.Detailing
03-20-2014, 05:30 PM
no clutter and good lights

trekkeruss
03-20-2014, 05:45 PM
What's the budget? I can think of all kinds of crazy useful things to have if the sky is the limit. :p

KS_Detailing
03-20-2014, 05:57 PM
install a liftIm the MAN

trekkeruss
03-20-2014, 06:41 PM
install a liftIm the MAN
This was my first thought. It would be great for removing the wheels and detailing underneath the car. If you have an SUV, have the lift set into a pit, so you could lower the vehicle and work on the top easily. A dedicated wash bay would be awesome too. How about a central vac system, and a high capacity compressor with overhead hose reels? Are you in a four-seasons climate? Then you would want climate control.

Just02896
03-20-2014, 06:43 PM
This was my first thought. It would be great for removing the wheels and detailing underneath the car. If you have an SUV, have the lift set into a pit, so you could lower the vehicle and work on the top easily. A dedicated wash bay would be awesome too. How about a central vac system, and a high capacity compressor with overhead hose reels? Are you in a four-seasons climate? Then you would want climate control.

This will cost more than the house! Lol!

FLOOR DRAIN SYSTEM!

Gokite
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Chicago. I plan to have radiant heat in the floor. Thought about the loft. The last bay has a 13ft ceiling, not high enough to get it all the way up but enough. Not sure it's worth it. I'm just doing this to take care of the family's rides. It's not a business in any way. The dedicated air lines, i like that. I have a compressor now, so that will happen. Overhead lines too, definitely. Any good storage systems, ideas out there?