PDA

View Full Version : Prima Hydro Max or Carpro Reload?

Pages : [1] 2

ZeroSP
03-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Good day and greetings to fellow autogeeks, as per topic I am quite torn in between Prima Hydro Max and Carpro Reload.

Now I know before any opinion can be poured in, I will need to put down what I am going to do with them mostly, and what I have used before this.

Correct me if I am wrong, but generally I categorize them into following:

Spray Wax - Opt Car Wax

Sealant - Opti Seal, Hydro Max, Reload, DG Aquawax, Permanon

QD - Opt Instant Detailer, UWW+ QD ratio

I mostly use Opti-Seal as base, followed by OCW or Aquawax as topper for any non-coating applied cars in my household. While Seal + OCW combo lasted longer, I generally liked the feel of Aquawax. I also use either Aquawax or Permanon on wheels/rims (applied once every 2 washes)

OID I generally use as a final wipe down for any cars (coated or non coated) as a boost of slickness/longevity to whatever LSP being laid down.

Now I am looking between Hydro Max and Reload, both as a strong direct LSP (as I have read reviews on the forum, both can last very long), as well as a topper to Opti-Coat. I realized that Reload while easy it is not that "easy" as Hydro Max would go since Hydro Max goes on just like a QD while Reload you need sometime to make sure you buff off nicely.

With either one in place, it is going to replace my Seal + OCW or DG Aquawax combo entirely, probably as well as my OID as a maintenance final wipe (Will be just using Aquawax to replace OID role).

Appreciate any input and insight regarding to this matter. Please correct me if I am wrong on the classification of products. Opinions on Aquawax replacing OID is welcomed too (since OID is way cheaper).

Thank you and have a nice day ahead.

ZeroSP
03-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Anyone with your kind input please? :(Feed back please

mbkite
03-20-2014, 07:06 PM
You will not be disappoint with any thing prima I would recommend hydro max hydro wax as u dry and prima quick detailer the slick.
I like to try new stuff but I always have something from the prima line in my cart..

Pats300zx
03-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Hydro Max is such an awesome product. So easy to use, looks amazing, and has great durability. You won't be disappointed.

ZeroSP
03-21-2014, 05:05 AM
You will not be disappoint with any thing prima I would recommend hydro max hydro wax as u dry and prima quick detailer the slick.
I like to try new stuff but I always have something from the prima line in my cart..

Hydro Max is such an awesome product. So easy to use, looks amazing, and has great durability. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated :dblthumb2:

PA DETAILER
03-21-2014, 05:19 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61662-prima-line-review.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/63856-prima-hydro-max-review.html

ZeroSP
03-21-2014, 03:20 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61662-prima-line-review.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/63856-prima-hydro-max-review.html

:xyxthumbs: I think I have read through that before, but still thanks. I will be shooting for the big bottle straight then.

Any recommended topper for Hydro Max? Or it isn't just not necessary?

I am looking forward to use it over Opti Coat as topper too :)

mbkite
03-21-2014, 03:58 PM
I top max with wax as u dry

Belair
03-21-2014, 07:07 PM
IMO not necessary to use a topper with Hydro, in fact it may change the look which is a darkening of the paint, at least on my white metallic Sienna.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Hydro Max

ZeroSP
03-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Seems like Hydro Max it is then. :)

goodinblack
03-22-2014, 01:11 PM
How is this different from Hydro02

Pats300zx
03-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Hydro2 is spray on and wash off with pressure rinse...

ZeroSP
03-23-2014, 02:52 PM

Hydro2 close equivalent is Permanon (Spray, rinse, and dry)

Hydro Max, Reload, Opti-Seal is WOWA alike. Though Reload you need to take some time to buff it.

goodinblack
03-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Hydro2 close equivalent is Permanon (Spray, rinse, and dry)

Hydro Max, Reload, Opti-Seal is WOWA alike. Though Reload you need to take some time to buff it.

Hydro2 is spray on and wash off with pressure rinse...

Thank you for the replies