PDA

View Full Version : EXO over Black Label??

Pages : [1] 2

DaveT435
03-20-2014, 10:22 AM
I recently received my black label. Watching videos on the product it seems the water beading on the EXO (which I have used) is much better. I was wondering if anyone has put EXO over the Black Label Paint Coating? From what I have read it sounds like the BL has more scratch resistance than the EXO.

Two questions. Is the beading as good with the BL as with the EXO and it just isn't showing in the videos??

If I do put the EXO over BL would you recommend 24 hours between the two applications or 3-4 like applying it over CQuartz??

DaveT435
03-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Really?? No one has tried this combo yet??

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Seems counterintuitive to me, 2 totally different chemical formulas. From my experience with PBL coating, you don't need anything over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tato
03-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Dear,

I understand your question. Although I don't have the answer for it, and generally would agree with answer above (anything over it), I'm doing some tests on this field.

Nothing 'scientifically', but I'm playing with coating layers on some parts of my own car, even applying Wheel and Glass coating to portions of paint.

Away from that, I'm coating some test parts with layers of paint coating first, followed by Glass coating (which states to improve chip resistance), or wheel coating followed by Glass coating, etc.

Will I benefit from this? Maybe I would never be able to know for sure, but I'm doing observations on structure behavior (mainly water sheeting, beading, and easiness of cleaning), and I feel there may be some specific uses for this layering.

I plentiful encourage you to test a spot (why not do it in your front bumper), then you can observe how (if) different it behaves from the rest.

I even can't compare beading with Exo I've never used, but I can say PBL coating I've seen is insane, even my DD coated since november still beads like the day I applied the coating. I also do a lot of maintenance washes on PBL coated vehicles I've worked on, and coating properties in action always impress me.

The only con I'm seeing on my coating is that it feels 'dirty' after 'all this time', so I can't wait to have some time to rejuvenate it. My approach will be wash / clay and PBL Cleansing polish over it for a thorough cleansing.

See, the part tests I've told you I'm doing above (which may look useless), guided me through this approach.

I've noticed that PBL cleansing polish cleans very well and fully rejuvenates the coating.

Hope I've helped,

Sorry if sound confuse, but I've tried to share many ideas simultaneously so you can get a better view from my point. Ask if you need some clearance.

Kind Regards.

FUNX650
03-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Really?? No one has tried this combo yet??
I'm not going to spend ~$150.00, just to see if the "inorganic element" of Exo will
actually form a "bond" with a particular substrate---Black Label P.C., in this scenario.

Bob

antti@561detailing
03-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Dont

MarkD51
03-22-2014, 08:42 PM
well, a lot of you folks try EXO over C1 says it's the "cat's meow", so, is there a really huge differences ingredient-wise between C1, and Pinn GL Coating ? Are they both "nano" ceramics?

Note that catchy phrase, "nano", is it mearly a term to lighten your wallets?

MarkD51
03-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Or another, CQuartz, with Reload on top? Actually, can somebody tell us-me here what is basically in Reload?

Might it possess similar qualities to Pinnacle's own coating rejuvenator product?

So, Maybe EXO over whatever (coating-wise) is not a foul?

I gather Dave didn't go out of his way to purchase any of these specific products to try them in such an order by some mad scientific experimentation, he's got them on hand, and probably another wharehouse full of AG products.

MarkD51
03-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Here's a hypothetical scenario, instead of topping Pinnacle's GL Coating with Synergy, what if we top it with Collinite #476?

Now Synergy has been claimed to last (as far as I have heard recently) 5-6 months?

Now how about Colly #476? They proclaim a detergent-proof wax that will last a year. Is there any harm-foul in such?

Yes, I know, some qualities of the coating "might" be lost. Note how I say "Might". Maybe some qualities could also be enhanced?

I would think, that if many of these coatings are so durable, and resistant to harsh cleaners, the environment, etc, that such a product as any Carnauba that would be topped shouldn't effect such durable coating's durability? Or no?

At worst, perhaps such waxes as Colly #476 won't last as long as they should, because of a loss of proper bonding-adherence to the paint?

zerix
03-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Sort of unrelated but I emailed Gtechniq and they said Exo v2 would work fine over CarPro Cquartz UK.

antti@561detailing
03-22-2014, 09:56 PM
We spoke qith manufacturer representative's and they recommend not to cover coating..c1 and exo are met to work together....but even covering coating with wax is no no

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Radarryan
03-22-2014, 11:42 PM
I can only comment for EXO and I recently put two more coats on and really liked it. Check out the pictures.

Here's the thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/77779-gtechniq-exov2-re-application-2013-porsche-911-cabriolet.html

Previously, and really still, it has C1 underneath. If you want the EXO properties and protection under, I still think C1 under it is the proven way to go. EXO is not really made to provide scratch protection like C1, CQuartz, Opti-Coat, and Pinnacle BL (though I have not seen figures on this). I have a write up on that if you're interested.

kevincwelch
03-22-2014, 11:55 PM
According to their website, EXO can be applied over a competitor's quartz coating. Whether this produces the results that you want to achieve, I don't know. Exo was designed to work with c1, not competitors.

Sent via Tapatalk

DaveT435
03-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Well thank you all for your responses. These are products I have on hand. A lot of good information. Is there anyone who has used both the EXO and the PBL? Every picture and video I have seen it looks like the EXO beads better and rolls off the paint much easier. However, I don't know the quality of the prep work that these people did before application. Or if the application process was done correctly.

My thought process was similar to yours Mark. PBL being a similar product to C1. On the other hand I am a firm believer that manufactures products should be used as a system. I was curious if anyone had tried this and what the outcome was since I have plenty of both products.

Thank y'all again for the input. If there is anyone that has used both products I would be interested in your thoughts.

kevincwelch
03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Pbl may be similar to C1, but not the feel of it. C1 has more of a "grabby " feel to it. PBL is completely slick.

I have plenty of PBL left over, and I have some more C1 on the way. As always I like to use my wife's car as a test model for some of these products. I would be willing to coat the hood with PBL and on one half of that use EXO.

Of course, I have to give a spring update on the effectiveness of PBL, which I applied in the fall of last year. After that, I will polish the hood to start over with my new test.