PDA

View Full Version : mothers trim cleaner

PA DETAILER
03-20-2014, 06:32 AM
I see its on back order. When is it expected to be back in stock?

BobbyG
03-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Buying products through Autogeek is quick, easy, and economical but when times like these arise you possibly could find this locally? If the need is immediate or course...

forrest@mothers
03-20-2014, 08:43 AM
We did lots of talking at DetailFest about Back-to-Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner and sold every kit they had to visitors there.

It'll be back in stock soon. With all the pulling of product from the warehouse, I'm sure inventory accuracy is off a little.

Give Meghan and crew a few days to get it whipped back in to shape.

KillaCam
03-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Buying products through Autogeek is quick, easy, and economical but when times like these arise you possibly could find this locally? If the need is immediate or course...

Advance auto parts is where I picked up mine.

The Guz
03-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I saw this at my local pep boys on sale 2 for $10. I believe the sale is through April 6th.

ghji222
05-03-2014, 06:28 AM
I used Black to Black trim color of Mothers company.Its results are much better than other cleaners.I like it.I used it many times in my workshop for the service of many cars and trucks.

01GreyStangGT
05-03-2014, 07:22 AM
That stuff is impressive. One of their best products I have tried in a while.

PA DETAILER
05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
That stuff is impressive. One of their best products I have tried in a while.

It was impressive. Picked it up locally.

MendhamCarSpa
05-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I have a question regarding trim: I have brushed trim with a toothbrush in the past and lots of black trim disintegration came off and ran down the car. Now the trim on this "test car" has trim that looks stripped of its top coating exposing some matte ugly color underneath. I would love to clean trim, remove disintegration AND restore its color during a detail on a car with very very UV damaged trim (like the car I tested on).

1) Do trim restorers actually last if they are applied OVER this disintegration?
2) Is it better to lightly brush the trim and rid it of SOME of the black residue? Would this help the restorer to bond?
3) What if the trim is so delicate and UV damaged that brushing will ruin it? What do you do to "clean it" and restore it?
4) Has anyone ever had problems with freshly cleaned (brushed, cloth washed) and restored trim leaking its black color residue down the paint? I cleaned and put a silicone based rubber dressing on a car once and the next day it rained. There was a line of black down the side of the car.