PDA

View Full Version : best way to use CarPro Fast Glass towels?

flatlinerz
03-20-2014, 01:04 AM
Hey guys

I got myself some CarPro Fast Glass towels and used it yesterday but had a lot of streaking afterwards, how do you guys use them? Do you use a microfiber towel after use it?

Thanks

Radarryan
03-20-2014, 02:32 AM
From what I've seen, the Fast Glass should leave no streaks and should not need a follow up with a glass microfiber.

I'm curious to follow your thread because I just purchased two Fast Glass towels last week and am waiting on them to arrive. I was tired of getting streaks even though I was using a Auto Finesse Crystal and Microfiber Madness Cloudbuster towels. I figured I should stop fighting it and just get the Fast Glass to follow up and for quick touch ups.

Have you tried getting in touch with Corey@CarPro-US? If not, he will be the best resource for you. He is extremely knowledgable and will help you trouble shoot anything that comes up. Furthermore, he is just a great guy. Email him and he'll get you all fixed up. Let me know if I can be of anymore help!

Rsurfer
03-20-2014, 03:10 AM
Be sure to wash before using. No bleach or softener. After a through washing and rinsing, wring out as dry as possible. A damp towel works better (streak free) than a wet towel. I use two towels, one for the primary wipe and the second towel for a final wipe. Although they look and feel like a paper towel, they are very durable. Been using the same two towels everyday for six months and shows little to no wear.

flatlinerz
03-20-2014, 03:13 AM
Rsurfer do you do circular motion when using?

Rsurfer
03-20-2014, 03:26 AM
Rsurfer do you do circular motion when using?

No, I use a cross hatch wipe. Using a circular motion might just introduce dirt back on to the glass. I fold the towel in half and then in thirds, giving me 12 clean sides on my primary towel. If your cleaning dirty glass, 2 primary towels and 1 secondary towel may be needed.

allenk4
03-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Wash your hands before doing the windows

Lightly mist the CarPro FastGlass Towel with DI water, instead of soaking it. You wan it almost dry.

Evan.J
03-20-2014, 01:36 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ivNIQeJjM]Product Review CarPro Fast Glass Towel - YouTube[/video]

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/65863-product-review-carpro-fast-glass-towel.html

cleanmycorolla
03-20-2014, 02:53 PM
I use the towel like a section pass with a DA. Once over and back. I use glass cleaner or dampen with water before I use.