PDA

View Full Version : Pollen on cars this time of season again

Pages : [1] 2

BrianMcLeod
03-19-2014, 11:05 PM
So as we all know this time of the season pollen is really bad this time of the year depending where you live I washed a car and two days later it's already covered what do I do??? Just seeing if anybody has any tricks? I guess it's good for my customers :) more money $$$

03-19-2014, 11:54 PM
You're lucky if it's two days, not even an hour n my car is covered!

CDot
03-20-2014, 07:57 AM
So as we all know this time of the season pollen is really bad this time of the year depending where you live I washed a car and two days later it's already covered what do I do??? Just seeing if anybody has any tricks? I guess it's good for my customers :) more money $$$

No tricks honestly; there's nothing you can do if the car sits outside. I'm used to it, so I don't stress.

You're lucky if it's two days, not even an hour n my car is covered!

When the Pine pollen is real bad (April) it only takes a couple minutes here in NC (light dusting). Let it sit out for an hour and it's terrible.

hogie
03-20-2014, 08:02 AM
At least it isn't SNOW!

ConeArrow27
03-20-2014, 08:02 AM
At times the pollen is so bad ill wash my car and the next day theres so much pollen that you cant tell lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

KneeDragr
03-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Last season the pollen was even worse than normal due to the warm rainy winter. I took my Vette out of storage and while it was sitting there idling as I put my DD away and got ready to drive I came back - about 2 minutes later and there were these big pollen splotchy blobs all over it. Some nearby tree was not just putting pollen out, but sort of pollen packets that left a 3-4 inch splotch when they landed on my car. At that point I knew there was no sense trying to keep it clean so I didn't even wash it for a month until the pollen died down.

The worst is when your car is covered in pollen and you get a light rain - not enough to wash it off but enough to get the water droplets to bead up on the paint - you get that pollen beading action going on after it dries, looks awful.

Evan.J
03-20-2014, 08:11 AM

My suggestion is to wash your car any time you need to remove pollen.

Here is what pollen looks like
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/image282.jpg

Not too paint friendly so do you best tp rinse or foam off as much pollen as possible to avoid scratching the paint.

mwoolfso
03-20-2014, 09:43 AM

I tend to use spray wax more often this time of year. A couple of layers helps you maintain the LSP and reduce the amount of bucket-washes.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-20-2014, 10:08 AM
If any of you b*tch about pollen....I swear I am sending a snow storm your way!!!!!

jdscooby
03-20-2014, 10:12 AM
If any of you b*tch about pollen....I swear I am sending a snow storm your way!!!!!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hysterical2.gif

Choop145
03-20-2014, 10:16 AM

I remember, one weekend, me and the family went up to the mountains and stayed in a cabin. The snow was so much fun. Whatcha complaining about?

Desertnate
03-20-2014, 10:26 AM

:xyxthumbs:

I'm still waiting for it to get warm enough to bring the hose out. I got ONE good hand wash in and then it snowed again and has turned cold. Spring is still a way off this year.

Centexhokie
03-20-2014, 10:30 AM

People complain about everything. It will only get to the mid 60's today here in Central Texas. The end to another brutal winter. Im the MAN

Then they'll complain about the heat, the lack of rain, the rain, the ....

mwoolfso
03-20-2014, 10:48 AM
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hysterical2.gif

+1

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
I remember, one weekend, me and the family went up to the mountains and stayed in a cabin. The snow was so much fun. Whatcha complaining about?

It`s fun until you endure it for months and shovel it, drive through it, slip in it, fall in it, etc etc etc. Lol.

People complain about everything. It will only get to the mid 60's today here in Central Texas. The end to another brutal winter. Im the MAN

Then they'll complain about the heat, the lack of rain, the rain, the ....

Lol. We are a spoiled race huh?