PDA

View Full Version : Booooo Tracers...Boo

Disposablehero
03-19-2014, 08:48 PM
This is my neighbors car who recently had some work done to the hood where a large truck backed into it a few weeks ago.

I didn't even touch it, told him to return to the body shop tomorrow am. This is a shame.

MitchLiving
03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
WOW that is a shame..Hope they fix it. and fix ti right

Disposablehero
03-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Not that there was much that I was going to do with my limited experience in corrections anyways. The fact that I was so fired up about it drove them to do something about it. They are getting the entire hood repainted as I type this. Good for them.

I think they would have just left it alone had I not said anything. :confused:

But I couldn't let such a hack job like this go unnoticed. The shop should be held accountable. Glad they came through. Now lets see the the hood once the repaint is done.

Kaban
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Why are they repainting the hood? Is the clearcoat too thin to buff?

That just looks like wet sanding marks that werent fully polished out with a wool pad.

Disposablehero
03-20-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm not the liaison between this shop and my neighbor. Cant answer that atm.

6supersport7
03-20-2014, 08:14 PM
That looks more like sand scratches in the base rather then tracers. Probably why its being repainted rather than wetsanded and corrected.

Disposablehero
03-20-2014, 08:24 PM
That looks more like sand scratches in the base rather then tracers. Probably why its being repainted rather than wetsanded and corrected.

I think you are correct. Half the hood looks like the examples I posted.

Kaban
03-21-2014, 09:08 PM

I think you are correct. Half the hood looks like the examples I posted.

I highly doubt a bodyshop sanded base metallic before clear coat. That is not common practice and something I have never heard of.

Vortech5.0
03-21-2014, 09:51 PM

:iagree: I've heard it explained its when the primer was not given enough time to cure and actually shrinks back into the sanding marks. I may be way off though.