PDA

View Full Version : DA polisher with carpet brushes?

parttimer
03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Just got my cyclo interior brushes and going to use them with my DA. What and how do I use cleaning products? I used to use tide and a scrub brush then shop vac out. I have folex, megs apc, dp carpet cleaner and an extractor. I'm guessing vacuum then spritz with a cleaner and perhaps water then scrub?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

jamesboyy
03-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Just got my cyclo interior brushes and going to use them with my DA. What and how do I use cleaning products? I used to use tide and a scrub brush then shop vac out. I have folex, megs apc, dp carpet cleaner and an extractor. I'm guessing vacuum then spritz with a cleaner and perhaps water then scrub?

I would vacuum the carpet, then spray some folex to the carpet
You could spray a little water if you like foam then scrub

parttimer
03-19-2014, 05:49 PM
That was sorta of my plan, thanks!

Evan.J
03-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Have you watched the seminar by Jason Rose on carpet cleaning? If not you should.
Carpet and Upholstery Stain Removal with Jason Rose (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HweQSpYdhRs&list=UU5x3E51Y0-SA9CWVICtNIeQ)

Bunky
03-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Have you watched the seminar by Jason Rose on carpet cleaning? If not you should.
Carpet and Upholstery Stain Removal with Jason Rose (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HweQSpYdhRs&list=UU5x3E51Y0-SA9CWVICtNIeQ)

It was an interesting presentation...it was not just use one and done chemical. Know your stains! What I got out of it is that APC can set some stains.

Evan.J
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
It was an interesting presentation...it was not just use one and done chemical. Know your stains! What I got out of it is that APC can set some stains.

Yep your right Al. The wrong product can set the stain and make cleaning the problem much worse. Another thing is that a brush and a vacuum does a lot more dirt removal than we tend to notice and should be a good focal point when doing carpets. I don't recall the official number Jason said buy it was in the 70% range of removal with a bush and vacuum.