PDA

View Full Version : Almost did my first detail today...

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Until my dreams were crushed by a frozen hose. D'oh!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamesboyy
03-19-2014, 04:03 PM
I am sorry to hear that, try storing your hose inside inside one of plastic storage boxes

ken tuep
03-19-2014, 04:06 PM
I've been there also, a couple 5 gallon buckets of hot water will get it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

02xtreme07SS
03-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Fill the bathtub with hot water and put the hose in there to thaw. Shouldn't take long and then you can get to it!

Gen9Rolla
03-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Fill the bathtub with hot water and put the hose in there to thaw. Shouldn't take long and then you can get to it!

+1

02xtreme07SS
03-19-2014, 04:20 PM
I know this isn't much help now, but I lived in NJ for 30 years and I would disconnect my hoses and drain them out before putting them away. I still do that to this day here in CA even though I don't need to anymore. Not only will you know have any issues with freezing in the future, in my experience it has helped to prolong the life of the hoses as well.

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-19-2014, 04:58 PM
I know this isn't much help now, but I lived in NJ for 30 years and I would disconnect my hoses and drain them out before putting them away. I still do that to this day here in CA even though I don't need to anymore. Not only will you know have any issues with freezing in the future, in my experience it has helped to prolong the life of the hoses as well.

You are exactly right and I normally do this but we got our first snow early this season, caught me off guard and I never got around to it. No biggie, I left them unravelled on the lawn for a few hours and they are thawed out now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobbyG
03-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Along with my detailing supplies, I keep 1 length of hose in the basement in the event a "decent day" presents itself and I can get a wash in.....:props: