PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner Question

tcrummitt87
03-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi! a post a few days ago mentioned a similar question but I would like to change and tweak it.

Specifically what products (full name) actually work to remove/dissolve the iron particles from wheels (often turning purple or red) as they clean? Here are the ones I think do this:

Carpro Iron X Iron Remover
Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate
Wolfgang ber Wheel Cleaner
Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect
Griot's Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner
Ammo Plum Wheel Cleaner

Am I missing any?

mac11wildcat
03-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Results for iron - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&query=iron)

You missed a couple; dodo juice being one.

tcrummitt87
03-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks! my question was rhetorical, I assume this list will grow lol

parttimer
03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Car pro TRIX

Dogfather
03-19-2014, 09:45 AM
1Z Einszett ColourTec Wheel Cleaner, color changing wheel cleaner, german brake dust remover (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-colourtec-wheel-cleaner.html)

Kacz
03-19-2014, 09:56 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/73560-iron-remover-product-cost-spreadsheet.html

There are a bunch more as well...

BMW, Weather Tech, Meguiar's has a retail version, some 'production type detailing products' have their own...

I'm sure there are plenty more as well.

trekkeruss
03-19-2014, 10:29 AM
The new Megs DUB is a color changing cleaner, but I don't know if it actually reacts to and removes iron.

The Bilt-Hamber Auto-Wheel is supposed to be very good, but I don't know of any U.S. distributors; I have only seen it on eBay.

BMW's wheel cleaner gel is touted to be as good as Sonax, and it's only $8.49 for 16 ounces.

Kacz
03-19-2014, 12:55 PM
The new Megs DUB is a color changing cleaner, but I don't know if it actually reacts to and removes iron.

The Bilt-Hamber Auto-Wheel is supposed to be very good, but I don't know of any U.S. distributors; I have only seen it on eBay.

BMW's wheel cleaner gel is touted to be as good as Sonax, and it's only $8.49 for 16 ounces.

Michael Stoops on Dub Wheel Cleaner

"That product is one of several on the market utilizing a specific ingredient that reacts with iron and provides the color changing effect - and that oh so wonderful aroma (NOT!). This new DUB wheel cleaner behaves in the very same way, is safe on all wheel surfaces, but we've managed to tone down (to some degree at least) that characteristic aroma."

I was at BMW the other day and they are getting me samples on a lot of the products (hopefully full size); I'm curious to see how they compare to other German brands and my guess is one of them makes it for BMW. I had my woman call a BMW regional rep and he didn't know, so he is supposed to look into it for me. But like you said, I have heard nothing but good things and employees at BMW said the customers love the product.

tersplat
03-19-2014, 04:34 PM
I just tested Dodo Juice Iron Dueler side by side with Sonax Full Effect, and ended up using the Sonax for the wheels. The Iron dueler worked twice as fast as the Sonax, but the smell was unbearable when I had an alternative, and this was outside on a fairly windy day. Both finished very nice, but the Sonax will be my go to cleaner unless it cannot get the wheels clean.

jamesboyy
03-19-2014, 04:55 PM
there are many iron removing wheel cleaners, and they will continue to grow they even have a iron remover wheel cleaner that's safe for plasti dip but IMO sonax full effect, iorn-x, and 1Z Einszett ColourTec