PDA

View Full Version : Denver Colorado detailers!

nicksregalss
03-19-2014, 09:19 AM
So I am going to be making a big change and move to Denver from my small town in Iowa. My only concern is being able to get a good job with my detail skill set. Anyone out there in the area have any tips for me? Ive been doing this as a hobby for about 10 yrs and professionaly for the last 3. I can wet sand and buff with a rotary. Im very detailed and quality minded. Any tips ideas suggestions would be appreciate! Thanks guys!

CM8 6MT
03-19-2014, 09:58 AM
I dont know anyone on here from Denver, unless their new. Im in Colorado Springs. Theres big opportunity in Denver from what I've seen.

nicksregalss
03-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Thats what it looks like to me as well. Currently i do high quality work for a dealer but id like to get into a detail shop not a dealership

Becciasm
03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll post this as well:

I PM'd Nick, but maybe some of the elder statesmen on this board know as well -

When I lived in Golden, CO, in 04/05, i used to room with a detailer by the name of Dr. Jones (autopia.org).

Not sure if he's still active in the detailing scene, but Paul was a good guy (fell out of touch soon after I left the area) and really knew his stuff and those in play out there.

good luck with your search, keep us posted as to what you settle into in Denver.

nicksregalss
03-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the advice! Im hoping all goes well . Im looking to make this move soon like in 2 or 3 months max

Belair
03-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Adam's products are based near Boulder, they may know people looking for detailers
Also, Meg's has a distributor who deals mainly in their products in Denver; can't recall their name but someone at Meg's should be able to direct you to them. In fact, there's a detailing shop right next to their warehouse near W. Colfax Ave.

A third lead: the guy who runs Prima products is in Denver & if you email him he may know someone looking for help.

Belair
03-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Here's another link for ya:

denver car detailing shops - Yahoo Search Results (http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=denver+car+detailing+shops)

nicksregalss
03-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the leads as im not looking for an entry level job. Sounds lie some of the guys can definetly help at at least get me in the right direction

nicksregalss
04-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Update: thought I would post on here that I ended up landing a job doing high end detail right in denver centenial area. Its called man cave auto detail! Ill be moving may 2nd and I cant wait!

nicksregalss
04-12-2014, 06:58 PM
http://mancavedetail.com/

Paul Mitchell
04-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Congratulations on your new job!

nicksregalss
04-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks! Im pretty excited'

Belair
04-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Yep, it's a well known place that does good work. Any leads from our posts here help you to locate Man Cave? I'm asking because my granddaughter's car has hail damage & I've been looking into PDR places. Maybe we can keep in touch via PM's when you're in Denver & acquainted with your shop's workers.

nicksregalss
04-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Kind of. Just got me doing alot of resarch and i think i am getting in at an awesome place. As far as PDR I do.believe they offer it but im not there yet but ill still be here!