PDA

View Full Version : New: SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus | 30% More Powerful Than Full Effect - Anyone Heard Anything?

Pages : [1] 2

Radarryan
03-19-2014, 05:01 AM
I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new SONAX wheel cleaner: SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus (http://store.sonaxusa.com/sonaxwheelcleanerfulleffect-2.aspx)?

It says it is 30% stronger than SONAX Full Effect, while still being safe for all wheels, thus allowing for quicker and more efficient cleaning. It is also available in a 25L refill for a MSRP of $400! Though when you think about it, that's more cost effective than the 5L refills of full effect, when looking at the unit price for a more effective product.

So, anyone tried it yet? What are your thoughts? I usually love SONAX products, but want to see if anyone has tried it yet. Maybe I'll have to do a review of this and Full Effect side-by-side. We'll see... Maybe giveaway for review is in order... Hint hint... ;)

But in all seriousness, I love trying new wheel cleaners, especially if they're more effective, so it may find its way into a future cart. Let's hear opinions and reviews, if anyone's used it.

Happy detailing!

KMG
03-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Looks interesting. I would also be interested in seeing if anyone has tried this yet. I use FE right now and love it.

Nick McKees37
03-19-2014, 06:55 AM
We'll have it in stock soon enough. :dblthumb2:

A-train
03-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Wow $400 holy cow. I understand the cost effectiveness but goodness. Still would like to see a side by side. I'd also like to do a side by side of sonax 's new bug remover vs 1z anti-insekt.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GenesisCoupe
03-19-2014, 08:23 AM
When i opened this thread and began reading i immediately remembered the Sonax FE smell.

I am curious on the difference too. Sonax FE is expensive enough for such a small bottle but cleans my german customers cars very good.

FUNX650
03-19-2014, 08:51 AM
According to the below MSDS, (that's applicable for both the Plus and the FE products)...
It appears the % of these products main cleaning ingredient has been toned-down a little for the FE...from that of the Plus'.

http://sdb.sonax.biz/cms-themes-sichblatt-data/pdf/sdb_Z23010777-KG_-_SONAX_Xtreme_WheelCleaner_PLUS_(GB)EN.pdf

Bob

ken tuep
03-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Dangit! I just bought 4 , 5 liter containers a couple days ago....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

allenk4
03-19-2014, 12:38 PM
30% more effective and 25% more expensive than SONAX FE

In the 500ml size

allenk4
03-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Does it also smell 30% worse?

TundraPower
03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Wow $400 holy cow. I understand the cost effectiveness but goodness. Still would like to see a side by side. I'd also like to do a side by side of sonax 's new bug remover vs 1z anti-insekt. Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

$400 for 25 liters = $16 per liter isn't that out of line. CarPro TRIX is $27 per liter and is way better than Full Effect on wheels.

GreatAvalon
03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Haha Ryan, I know you are intrigued!

Seeing that video on the link makes me wish I had a car that shed like that. I guess the RAV...but I clean my Camry 3x for every time the RAV gets washed. Again with that video on the link...on the right side of the page...is that how much of that stuff you spray on? That guy sprayed the crap out of that wheel!

Radarryan
03-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Haha Ryan, I know you are intrigued!

Seeing that video on the link makes me wish I had a car that shed like that. I guess the RAV...but I clean my Camry 3x for every time the RAV gets washed. Again with that video on the link...on the right side of the page...is that how much of that stuff you spray on? That guy sprayed the crap out of that wheel!

You know me Matt! I love my new wheel cleaners. I think in the product demonstrations they spray a very liberal amount of product, to show just how well it works. I think I get around three sessions of four wheels out of a 500mL bottle of Full Effect. Now, if it is 30% more effective, who knows, maybe you can squeeze out another session.

I'm excited to see this product come out. I know the European products are more effective than the ones we get in the States, due to VOC and EPA regulations. I wonder if the scent is any better than Full Effect. I know it looks to be a whitish, cream color, not the yellow of Full Effect. The nice thing about the neon yellow is the tracers, so you see where it is sprayed but I would gladly trade that for a better smell. :props:

allenk4
03-19-2014, 06:01 PM
I know the European products are more effective than the ones we get in the States, due to VOC and EPA regulations.

I thought the EU regulations were more strict?

FUNX650
03-19-2014, 06:36 PM
According to the below MSDS,
It appears the % of these products main cleaning ingredient...

http://sdb.sonax.biz/cms-themes-sichblatt-data/pdf/sdb_Z23010777-KG_-_SONAX_Xtreme_WheelCleaner_PLUS_(GB)EN.pdf

Does it also smell 30% worse?

"I know the European products are more effective than the ones we get in the States, due to VOC and EPA regulations."

I thought the EU regulations were more strict?
"Everything that kills me makes me feel alive"
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C5MiXwx9B14"]OneRepublic Live - Counting Stars live at O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire - YouTube[/video]

Bob

Quiksilver5882
03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
That video looks like the full effect version, not the new one. Should be interesting to see a demo of the new product!