PDA

View Full Version : pad question

Tragu
07-13-2007, 06:22 AM
If I am polishing and I decide to use a different polish but the samu pad is this ok cause I only have a limited number of pads also if this is not ok after the pad is clean do I have to use it only for that polish forever or can I just use adifferent cut the next time. I know that in a perfect world a different pad fr each and every product. I know dont use a polish on a wax pad but I have 2 waxes and dont want to have to have 2 pads just out of convinence and expense. Also I dont want 15 pads around also when I am done I dont want to have to clean 15 pads cause one spot needed a stronger polish. The plish and wax I use are very easily removed with water.

ScottB
07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
you can do it, but mixing the polishes is not the best choice. In future consider the Edge pads, they are dual sided and much easier to flip as needed. Best benefit, you can go back to lower polish and finish as needed.

Tragu
07-13-2007, 06:36 AM
I didnt even consider that you could flip the pad for different products when I was deciding between the edge and lc I like the lc but may change when I need new pads. I realize that if you go from a stronger grit to a less strong one that there will be some cross contamination but does it matter after the pad is clean will I need a new pad when I try out a new product for the first time? I do have 2 yellow orange and white pads si I could do it. But I like having anextra set so I can detail at nite and then finish in the morning.otherwise my pads would be wet.

BILL
07-13-2007, 07:23 AM
I Think its OK with polishes and swirl removers but not so with FINAL WAXES AND SEALERS..:)

Al-53
07-13-2007, 07:57 AM
It can be done ...BUT not good practice...example..I used product A polish on a pad....and was not doing what I wanted....so I applied product B on the pad....was a nightmare....it may have to do with the chemical make up of the product...some use silicone as a lube and some use glycerin or other products ..and the mixing of both on a pad created weird things like the polish rolled in balls and also stuck to the paint like glue...

if you use the same brand polish just different cut levels you may have no problems....just use a damp MF and wipe the face of the pad before using another cut level...I mean damp..not soaking wet...

But again..not a good practice to get into....I use 3 different polishing products..and I have a complete set for each product..I learned my lessen..

AL