PDA

View Full Version : Accumulation of dirt on car without a car wash?

fastfurious23
03-18-2014, 03:28 PM
I haven't taken my car to get washed in 2 months now. A couple of times during this time it has rained and I guess that has helped keep my car somewhat clean. I've made sure though to clean any bird droppings/insects, etc as soon as I see it on my vehicle. I use the ONR wash and gently remove the nasty stuff with a MF towel.

So we know the nasty stuff will eat at any surface if not cleaned promptly, but how about dirt, how damaging is the accumulation of dirt to the paint? I have Opti Coat on mine, so does that change things? Can dirt damage the opti coat over time if it goes without a car wash?

CowboyTruckn
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
If I can't get mine washed for whatever reason I leave the dirt sit. It drives me nuts but I know me washing it later would be better than me trying to do anything now. I typically don't get the droppings (stay away from trees, signs, electrical lines, etc) when parked. If I do I GENTLY remove it and worry about the rest at wash time.

jamesboyy
03-18-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't think dirt will have a negative impact on opti-coat though if you remove the droppings wrong/too late you may get etching, marring, or scratching but when the weather is good, and have enough time foam the car down real good before a two bucket wash method though it seems like a cars bath time is ages away