PDA

View Full Version : Meg's D101 for wheels wells?

Pages : [1] 2

nissenc1337
03-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

I bought some D101 APC thinking it would be just that, APC. But all the bottle says is use on carpets and upholstery. That's nice but I intended it for use in an engine bay or wheels wells. Do I need to send this back for something else or am I okay?

dcjredline
03-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Check the reviews out on the AG page for it...

Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate, 1 Gallon, works on carpet, fabric, vinyl, and leather for all-over interior cleaning. (http://www.autogeek.net/mg10101.html#reviews)

stemyx
03-18-2014, 12:23 AM
I like to use it at 10:1 for interiors and 5:1 for exterior. Hope that helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

Radarryan
03-18-2014, 12:39 AM
You should be fine to use it on the wheel wells. Usually people use their most cost effective APC for engines and wheel wells, just to save a bit of money. Just because it can be used on the interior in a highly diluted fashion, doesn't mean it won't be effective in the dirtier parts of the exterior. In fact, most people really like Meguiar's APCs for their balance of power and price. Personally, I really only use Optimum Power Clean because it is so effective, but it is also very costly, especially compared to OTC or Meg's APCs.

Bottom line: You should be fine with it and don't need to send it back. In fact, you may prefer OTC APCs & degreasers in the future, if the Meguiar's proves to be too costly. Hope this helps. Happy detailing!

jamesboyy
03-18-2014, 01:30 AM
yes meguiars d101 is safe for wheel wells I dilute mines 1:4 and it safe for wheels and other parts of the vehicle too

nissenc1337
03-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Well good deal, I planned to dilute 4:1 water/APC and see how effective that mixture was. But $15 a gallon for concentrate seems reasonable to me. I'm a weekend warrior so I'm sure I can stretch this out for awhile.

Thanks guys,

KillaCam
03-18-2014, 08:26 AM
D101 is a bit weak for really dirty stuff like wheel wells IMO.

nissenc1337
03-18-2014, 09:18 AM
D101 is a bit weak for really dirty stuff like wheel wells IMO.

Well, don't just point out a problem! Offer a solution. I know OPC is a good product but I'm trying to stay inside the Meguiar's line of products. Does the Super Degreaser work well to clean the plastic in a wheel well? I plan to use Meg's Ultimate Protectant to dress the well afterwards.

The Guz
03-18-2014, 03:53 PM
You should be ok with D101. Start out with 10:1 and if that doesn't get the job done have another bottle at 4:1. This should clean up those wheel wells just fine.

I like to use this on the wheel wells. Although ultimate protectand should be ok.
Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-plastic-vinyl-coating.html)

ihaveacamaro
03-18-2014, 04:46 PM
I use it straight or diluted 1:1 for tires and wheel wells. Works excellently.

KillaCam
03-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Well, don't just point out a problem! Offer a solution. I know OPC is a good product but I'm trying to stay inside the Meguiar's line of products. Does the Super Degreaser work well to clean the plastic in a wheel well? I plan to use Meg's Ultimate Protectant to dress the well afterwards.

Super degreaser seemed to work better for me than D101.

muscleman
03-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Does D101 Work good for the wheels them selves ? Brake dust etc

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

ihaveacamaro
03-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Does D101 Work good for the wheels them selves ? Brake dust etc

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

Yes, but you should rather use soap and water. Cheaper and effective if used on well-maintained wheels.

Billy B
03-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Meguiars d143. Done and done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

mikesal57
04-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Last year I bought the meg D101 combo pack thinking that I can have a good "APC" for a while.
The description said ( at that time) that it cleaned everything from interior to exterior.
Now , it says "interior" cleaning.

What happened???

Is this a marketing ploy to get other stuff to purchase?

Does the product fail on exterior cleaning ( or caused issues) ?

I see other APC's ( like Optimum Power Clean) still has exterior cleaning in description.

Wondering why

Thxs
Mike