PDA

View Full Version : I cringed today

Docpeanut
03-17-2014, 05:06 PM
It snowed last night/this morning and I saw 2 people in my neighborhood clearing their cars with a broom, right on the paint. That poor poor paint

ken tuep
03-17-2014, 05:24 PM
I cleaned mine with my push broom! I didn't scrub the paint with it, just pushed the snow, then let the rest melt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

jamesboyy
03-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Some people just don't care or just don't know the damage they are doing maybe you should educate them

GreatAvalon
03-17-2014, 05:59 PM
How is the best way to clear the snow off the car? I should probably do a search on it.

Last time we have about 10 inches and I used my bare hand so that my gloves wouldn't scratch...needless to say half way through my hand was numb, but I didn't stop. My hand was numb for like an hour. I won't be doing that again :laughing:. But now my car is covered with probably 8 inches after I spend ~25 hours on it last week and I have no clue on how to get it off except just drive and let it go flying around hitting the other cars going down the road!

CowboyTruckn
03-17-2014, 06:02 PM
We don't get a lot of snow here in ok and we have no laws regarding it so I defrost the windows to drive and scrape the side and back windows. I leave the rest alone... if it gets to a point where it is a sheet of ice that may fall on my trunk or hood I will carefully remove it. Otherwise the powder stuff flies off while driving.

Coopers ST
03-17-2014, 06:11 PM
We don't get a lot of snow here in ok and we have no laws regarding it so I defrost the windows to drive and scrape the side and back windows. I leave the rest alone... if it gets to a point where it is a sheet of ice that may fall on my trunk or hood I will carefully remove it. Otherwise the powder stuff flies off while driving.

That is what I do, and we do get lots of snow here in Wyoming. They are calling for 6" tonight, my car is in the garage, my wifes (yes I make her park her car outside while mine stays in the nice warm garage). I will scrape her windows in the morning and she will drive off when she goes to work.

dsg03gt
03-17-2014, 06:18 PM
I saw my neighbor this winter go from cleaning his driveway with his shovel right to cleaning his car with it!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

BobbyG
03-17-2014, 06:19 PM
I saw my neighbor this winter go from cleaning his driveway with his shovel right to cleaning his car with it!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I've seen the same thing!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :dunno: :doh:

trekkeruss
03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
How is a broom different than the snow brushes sold for cars? Even that foam brush...as you move it over the surface, any dirt on the vehicle could get dragged and scratch. JMHO, it's just something you have to deal with if you don't have a garage. I for one do not like to leave a lot of snow and ice on my vehicle; I find it rude when people drive with just a porthole here and there, and eject their snow all over my car when I am unlucky enough to have to be behind them.

GreatAvalon
03-18-2014, 01:07 AM
OK when I clean the snow off my car off tomorrow morning I will just do the windows snow free and let the other stuff fall off. Thanks for the help :xyxthumbs:

Good point about laws. IDK if we have laws here or not, but I don't care.

CowboyTruckn
03-18-2014, 01:11 AM
OK when I clean the snow off my car off tomorrow morning I will just do the windows snow free and let the other stuff fall off. Thanks for the help :xyxthumbs:

Good point about laws. IDK if we have laws here or not, but I don't care.

Just look out for ice... I didn't pay attention what part of the country you're from but here in Oklahoma we tend to get a layer of ice first... you don't want that sliding across your top. The heater can melt the snow on the bottom and cause it to form an ice sheet. Usually I can pick pieces of that off. Game for the hood. I'm like you... people behind me look out.

Real Riders
03-18-2014, 02:33 AM
A few weeks ago we had a snow storm and one of the neighborhood kids was helping out their parents by cleaning the snow off the family's Ford Expedition

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o119/RealRiders2006/DSCN01431_zps420abfa0.jpg (http://s118.photobucket.com/user/RealRiders2006/media/DSCN01431_zps420abfa0.jpg.html)

KB in MD
03-18-2014, 06:20 AM
Do people actually need to do a web search on how to remove snow from your car? Really?
So people can't figure it out so they just leave it to fly onto surrounding vehicles? :applause:
These same people probably don't care when the snow/ice fly off of big rigs onto their windshields either.
Sorry but inconsiderate and irresponsible come to my mind.

Just02896
03-18-2014, 07:39 AM
I use a torch! Lol!

Zelfiris
03-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Maybe use a microfiber towel to wipe the snow off? or even yet, wrap a microfiber towel around the brush and push the snow off.

I have seen ice falling off one car's roof and into another car's windshield, which definitely cracked it.

Just be considerable enough so snow and ice don't go flying into the cars behind you.