PDA

View Full Version : One More Day In The Motor City

Gary Sword
07-12-2007, 09:38 PM
I've been stuck working in Detroit for 3 weeks now. I can't even begin to count the number of hours I worked. The 1st weekend I was here I did a couple of 18 hour days (6 am to 12 pm). Since then I've been doing at least 12 hour work days. :( One more day of work here and I get to go home to Florida. It seems like I have been gone for a long time. It will be so nice to get home and see my family, relax and detail/drive my cars. Even though I'm sick of looking at a computer it will be nice to spend more time of the forum. :)

Tex Star Detail
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Gary, what do you do?

Hope you enjoy your home time! Do a burn-out in the Lambo for me.... Then quickly get the burnt rubber off!!!

Gary Sword
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Chris, I write computer software. When I first got here I had to convert a lot of data over to a new system I wrote. Not much fun and very stressful. I had to have most of the major parts of the system up and running by Monday morning.

It will be nice to take the Lambo for a ride.

gary26
07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey Gary Sword !
How are you, fine I hope. Glad to here you're almost done. Suppose to recieve my first 2 orders from Autogeek tommorrow. I hope my car turns out as nice as yours. Your family will be excited to see you I'm sure.

Gary26

simpson
07-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey Gary, Sounds like a rough work week and that you earned you pay plus some. Heard your were a SW Fla guy like me. I'm a newbie to the forum in Sarasota with 4 vehicles in the driveway etc, etc. Current interest is a 03 BMW 530 titanium silver, they call it. Just a hello to you.

ltoman
07-20-2007, 07:02 PM
hi gary!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Well one good thing.. it was a GORGEOUS day here today in the Motor City!!!

Gary Sword
07-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey Gary, Sounds like a rough work week and that you earned you pay plus some. Heard your were a SW Fla guy like me. I'm a newbie to the forum in Sarasota with 4 vehicles in the driveway etc, etc. Current interest is a 03 BMW 530 titanium silver, they call it. Just a hello to you.

Hi simpson,

It was a very rough 3 weeks in Detroit but I'm back in Cape Coral, FL now and I'm very happy to be here. Now that I'm home my brother and his girl friend are here on vacation and I have not had much time for the forum but I hope to soon.

BMW's are very nice. A couple of my neighbors are really into bimmers.

I've been looking at a new Porsche Turbo, Viper or Vette Z06. I have driven a new 07 Turbo and an 07 Z06 but I have been waiting to test an 08 600 HP Viper if they ever come out with it. The dealers tell me they will be able to order them soon. The 08 Z06's are out but not the 08 Porsche Turbos. I do like 08 Z06 interiors better then the 07. As far as I know there is not going to be much change for Porsche Turbo in 08.

Hi Lauren,

I hope you have been doing well and keeping that red vette looking great.

Gary