PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on these micro fibers

Pages : [1] 2 3

muscleman
03-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I bought a 24 pk of these online just wanted to know if anyone's used them they had tons of good reviews i know they are cheap but I'm just starting out and as long as they wont damage paint I'm fine.

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

ThomasonCarCare
03-17-2014, 10:47 AM
What microfibers are they? You didn't list a brand or type.

thebamboo23
03-17-2014, 10:47 AM
you didnt post a link/name/photo

muscleman
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
If you look close tag says Z Wipes and 80% polyester 20% NYLON

parttimer
03-17-2014, 10:53 AM
I think those are zaino wipes then, some have commented on them, not sure as I have not used them.

muscleman
03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Has anyone used these ?

thebamboo23
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
it also depends on how soft/hard the clear coat is

if you do a spray wax wipe down on a ceramic clear coat, you'll have a less chance of marring/scratching with any towel as opposed to wiping it on a super soft clear coat (honda)

muscleman
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Well what can i do to avoid marring with cheap microfiber

cleanmycorolla
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Well what can i do to avoid marring with cheap microfiber

avoid it by not use cheap microfiber

personally, those towels you got I wouldn't let them touch my paint, maybe my engine bay!

muscleman
03-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Lol i can't afford high priced ones just dropped 400 on da polisher and my chemicals

muscleman
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
And in 500 dollar mobile start up it says cheap ones are fine in beginning

cleanmycorolla
03-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Lol i can't afford high priced ones just dropped 400 on da polisher and my chemicals

Well save up! If you're going to do the job right, then make sure your tools and chemicals and towels are top notch. You can polish your car to perfection, use these crappy towels and mess it all up, then what?

And in 500 dollar mobile start up it says cheap ones are fine in beginning

Granted that is a great post, but I am sure 99.9% of folks would suggest high quality towels. It's "okay" for a start up, but if you want to do it right, then I wouldnt use those towels.

Also, combine all your posts into one, it makes it a heck of a lot easier for people to reply and help you out instead of having multiple threads to keep up with. :dblthumb2:

parttimer
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
I will say, when I first jumped on the MF bandwagon I went with walmart/az/BJ towels. I figured MF is MF and they were cheap. It is AMAZING the difference in a quality towel. Regardless of country of origin (China or Korea) there are some better than others. My first batch of "expensive" towels were borderless blondes as advertised by a youtube guy. I bought 15 and they are nice towels. I later dug around and found some orange towels, very similar to the zaino's and bought 20 of them. They became my go-to's. I have since found a few other vendors and bought some new edgeless and even dual nap towels. I still have the cheapo's, I'll use them for door jam, interior work. I have some cheapo's that have a nap close to my thick 530gsm towels, I will use them for compound removal as well. If you find the right vendor, high quality towels can be had for cheap. Don't believe the hype one country makes a better towel. Also, just because it sticks to your hand doesn't mean its bad. Hell I bet a farmer could have his hand stick to a polished bit of stainless steel with as rough as their hands get!

muscleman
03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
I will say, when I first jumped on the MF bandwagon I went with walmart/az/BJ towels. I figured MF is MF and they were cheap. It is AMAZING the difference in a quality towel. Regardless of country of origin (China or Korea) there are some better than others. My first batch of "expensive" towels were borderless blondes as advertised by a youtube guy. I bought 15 and they are nice towels. I later dug around and found some orange towels, very similar to the zaino's and bought 20 of them. They became my go-to's. I have since found a few other vendors and bought some new edgeless and even dual nap towels. I still have the cheapo's, I'll use them for door jam, interior work. I have some cheapo's that have a nap close to my thick 530gsm towels, I will use them for compound removal as well. If you find the right vendor, high quality towels can be had for cheap. Don't believe the hype one country makes a better towel. Also, just because it sticks to your hand doesn't mean its bad. Hell I bet a farmer could have his hand stick to a polished bit of stainless steel with as rough as their hands get!

Yeah i have calices from lifting weights and alll microfibers catch so i was like ### lol. And what is the name of those orange towels ?

DetailedTaco
03-17-2014, 11:48 AM
I use Zwipes for interior/doorjamb/engine bay cleaning. I would not use them on paint though. I would highly recommend getting some higher quality MF for the paint. You don't want to go through all of the hassle of paint correction and then create marring wiping off compound/polish.