PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Wolfgang über compound 3.0

Boris115
03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
So I've been considering making my purchase on a kit that includes everything I need to correct my truck and make it shine like if should. I've been looking at this kit called Wolfgang porter cable ultimate polishing kit for $299 from AG.
The only thing that's stopping me is the über compound 3.0 it claims to remove heavy swirls and oxidation and is a heavy cut compound. My truck isn't that bad and I don't want to remove more clear than I have to. Suggestions please? Btw this is what the kit included, and If I need anything else for the extirior as far as paint goes I would appreciate suggestions. Thanks everybody http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/geju2y2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coopers ST
03-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Get the kit that has total swirl remover and the glaze. Then all you need to add is the sealant

Boris115
03-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Get the kit that has total swirl remover and the glaze. Then all you need to add is the sealant

I was going to do that but, it includes 6.5 inch pads and I want the 5.5 inch pads, I'm just not sure if that compound is to heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deebo1133
03-16-2014, 08:28 PM
I am in the same boat as you and I found it a little better personally to piece it together. I did a 100 different combos of stuff in the shopping cart and piecing small groups of stuff together came out best. Now if you want to go with the Griots Garage 6" there is a great Combo with the 2 Wolfgang products you need for polishing and 5.5 pads. Then you can just add the sealant and extra pads if ya like.

mgmoore7
03-16-2014, 08:31 PM
I too ended up piecing it together just a week ago and got the Groits polisher. It seemed like the Porter Cable had more kit options. In the end, I don't think I spent that much more because there was always something in the kit that I did not need or wanted something different.

spiralout462
03-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Even if you don't need Uber on the whole vehicle it is very effective for spot correction. Also, technique and pad choice have alot to do with how aggresive a product performs.