PDA

View Full Version : C Quarts

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
03-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Hey guys I know the subject title is cquarts that is what this thread is about but it's a million part question that I have. Forgive me if it's been discussed I'm in the middle of detailing a car and don't have enough time to research and read through every post. I've heard nothing but great things about this product but have no experience with it myself. So here's the questions get ready for em.

1. How easy is this product to use? How long should I let it dry how should it be applied (to be more specific)?

2. How far will a bottle get me which bottle would be best if I plan to do more than one vehicle?

3. (Here's why it's in this forum) how much would you guys charge a customer to apply C Quarts to their vehicle?

4. Would application be different for wheels and glass or plastic?

5. What steps would be taken to prep the vehicle for this product?

Sorry for having tons of questions I'm just curious if this is something I want to offer customers before I advertise it to my market. Thanks in advance!

wlshephard
03-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Hey guys I know the subject title is cquarts that is what this thread is about but it's a million part question that I have. Forgive me if it's been discussed I'm in the middle of detailing a car and don't have enough time to research and read through every post. I've heard nothing but great things about this product but have no experience with it myself. So here's the questions get ready for em.

1. How easy is this product to use? How long should I let it dry how should it be applied (to be more specific)?

2. How far will a bottle get me which bottle would be best if I plan to do more than one vehicle?

3. (Here's why it's in this forum) how much would you guys charge a customer to apply C Quarts to their vehicle?

4. Would application be different for wheels and glass or plastic?

5. What steps would be taken to prep the vehicle for this product?

Sorry for having tons of questions I'm just curious if this is something I want to offer customers before I advertise it to my market. Thanks in advance!

I would e-mail these questions to Corey at carpro-us. He is a great guy and extremely knowledgeable.

KMG
03-17-2014, 06:24 AM
Yeah Corey is great to deal with, and willing to help you with most any questions you have. I can answer a few of these questions however, as I just used CQUK this past weekend.

1. The product is actually pretty easy to use, atleast in my opinion. You simply apply it in a cross hatch pattern till it flashes, then allow it to sit for roughly a minutes and buffer it off with a clean MF towel.

2. This depends on the size bottle you purchase, and the size of the vehicles your putting it on. I order 50ml bottles and you can usually get a 3-4 vehicles out of that.

3. This is something you need to decide really. I basically just charge them whatever it costs to buy a coating kit. So if you order a 50ml kit and charge whatever your cost is for the kit on each coating job, you are pocketing that money for the next 2-3 jobs.

4. Wheels work pretty much the same way, as far as glass I can't really comment on that as I have have yet to use any.

5. I will not install a coating unless they have at least a single-stage correction done. This is the process I use. You will go through the paint correction process, then follow that with an IPA wipe down. After that I use a product like CarPro Eraser for a final wipe down before applying the coating.

There is plenty of information on this out there, you just need to look around. Hopefully this is atleast semi helpful for you.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
03-17-2014, 02:31 PM
is there any difference between the UK edition and the regular one?

KMG
03-17-2014, 02:41 PM
UK is more suited for colder weather applications.

Plenty of info here
CarPro Professional Car Coatings - CarPro Global - CQUARTZ CQUK (http://www.cquartz.info/106-cquk)

03-17-2014, 02:55 PM
A great addition to CQ or CQ UK is top it off with CarPro Reload...Corey's customer is awesome and will answer any and all questions you may have!

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
i guess the UK edition would be more ideal for MA. i'll have to shoot corey a message i have plenty of questions to ask but thanks everyone for the input i appreciate it!

KMG
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah if you follow the instruction on the bottle of UK when you get it. It tells you to coat it in reload after an curing for hour. But yes Corey's customer service is top notch.

03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
i guess the UK edition would be more ideal for MA. i'll have to shoot corey a message i have plenty of questions to ask but thanks everyone for the input i appreciate it!

UK is also a little more durable and the coating is harder. Especially the new 2014 formula.

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
03-17-2014, 03:29 PM
i just sent a e-mail to Corey i probably wont be on his good side with the amount of questions i asked lol but i look forward to hearing back from him. thanks everyone you were all a great help i appreciate it. its good to be apart of a forum where everyone is willing to help not bash one another.

03-17-2014, 03:32 PM
i just sent a e-mail to Corey i probably wont be on his good side with the amount of questions i asked lol but i look forward to hearing back from him. thanks everyone you were all a great help i appreciate it. its good to be apart of a forum where everyone is willing to help not bash one another.

No worries been there done that, Corey is awesome to work with!