PDA

View Full Version : Went out to get some car wash, came back with a whole lot more. Product Tests!

Matt94GT
06-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Yes I know it might be boring off the self stuff but thought some might be intrested!

http://www.sn95forums.com/misc/products.jpg

Well I bought most of this stuff earlier today besides the quickshine, stoner glass cleaner, and air freshner stuff.

#1 Meguires Gold Class car wash 5/5
Anyways I cant belive how AWESOME it is, I added 3 cap fulls and it was almost TOO foamy, super slick too, the bucket staied foamy the entire time I was amazed, totally worth the extra few bucks over the other stuff out there I have tried Turtlewax, Eagle1, Simoniz, The pink cheaper meguires, none even COMPARE. If you havent tried this stuff giver a shot it kicks ass.

#2 Eagle 1 Nano-Wax...spray version. 2.5/5
I thought it was a wax-as-u-dry but found out you simply spray it on after you wash/dry your car. Anyways its cool because it shines up the plastic moulding and protects it and buffs out of glass (overspray)...BUT I honestly couldnt tell a visual diffrence after applying it, the car did feel smoother and seems to repel water really good but thats about it. Deff not getting it again...just because I am NOT too lazy to use proper waxes, I thought this would just be good to bring out the shine/depth between waxes and after washes...which it did not.
...BUT If you are lazy im sure its great stuff for protecting the paint interms of how easy it is. :confused:

#3 Meguires Hot-Rims (wheel cleaner) 4/5
It works good, I usually just use soap&water and wash my wheels but I just sprayed them then hosed like instructions, worked pretty damn good, not quite as good as soap, water and a mitt but it did clean the back of the wheel's and hard to get spots very well...BUT it did leave runmarks/streaks on my rotors...not bad stuff Ill use it like every 2nd or 3rd wash prob when the wheels get dirty.

#4 Mothers Chrome Polish 4.5/5
Awesome stuff for sure. Its fairly liquidy and goes on super easy, you rub it on then let it haze (go on to next wheel, then come back) but what really got me is how easy it came off...friggin amazing, NO effort what-so-ever just one wipe and its completly off doesnt leave black residue either...so sweet! Seems to protect/shine well but I have never used a chome specific polish before, I have used aluminum mag and chrome polish which is a mess. Deff like it and will use it again!
http://www.sn95forums.com/misc/washed.jpg

#5 Meguires Hotshine (Tire Spray) 5/5 (aresol)
I love this stuff IN ARESOL FORM...but...I was almost out of the aresol can and saw the bottle there which had quite a bit more in it for cheaper then the can does. So what the hell, I got it. I hate it, it works great but the sprayer sucks ass, it says you can adjust the width which I did but the spraying is so un-even and crappy when you do that. Gonna retrun it for the aresol can version, and stick to it for sure its awesome, and I have tried lots of tire-shines. The main reason I love it so much is the adjustable size sprayer, I dont get any residue on my car or wheels.
http://www.sn95forums.com/misc/washed2.jpg
(this has a thin coat of the best smelling stuff ever, the hotshine tire spray aresol version. it lasts for ever it seems and does NOT fly off at all!)

Also if you guys hate cleaning glass that Stoners Invisible Glass with a Glass Microfibre works awesome! Doesnt leave any greasy streaks.

I wanna thank those that suggested the Gold Class wash! :cheers:

joe.p
06-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Nice looking car. I have some of the same items you listed in my arsenal.
Thanks for taking the time to do the review..

scooterguitar
06-08-2006, 07:09 AM
You know an el cheapo $1.79 chrome polish I like, regualr Turtle Wax. Ionly use it on items that are getting bad, as it is fairly abrasive, but works well for pits and rust.
Good job Matt!

BILL
06-08-2006, 07:22 AM
That spray air refresher looks intersting.......whats the plus on that? and whats the name???

Great looking ride:applause:

abrcrombe
06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Cool man, I too use Meg's Car Wash Shampoo. The jug lasts for a long time. And I also like Meg's hot shine for the tires, except it doesn't last as long as I would like. Have fun with your new products!

Reddwarf
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
I too have some of the same products. I love the Meg's shampoo (I always crack up at calling car wash soap "shampoo"). I tried the Meg's NXT wash and did not like it as much. The Meg's wheel cleaner and Tire spray I also like. I just received (from AG) the PB wheel cleaner and I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

ScottB
06-08-2006, 06:26 PM
No review on Quikshine ...

Matt94GT
06-08-2006, 07:18 PM
That spray air refresher looks intersting.......whats the plus on that? and whats the name???

Great looking ride:applause:
Its made by "Z-BEST-WAX" go ahead and laugh at the name but a guy I know told me to get their wax since it works so nice on my color of red. I have yet to try it. I use the Clearkote linup sofar and it works wicked. Anyways I purchased their 'Detailers Kit' which comes with 1 of each of their products. Their Soap isnt that great at all same as the run of the mill soaps out there but it does smell like bubble gum, the quick detailer seems pretty decent havent used it much though, their super chammois (syntheic chammois) is great, and their microfibre is pretty good as well. But the main reason I bought it was for the Wax...I could of got a single bottle for $20 but spent $40 on their kit. Anyways I want to try out their wax and see how it does. Ill be sure to post here when I do.

No review on Quikshine ...
Sorry I was just reviewing the stuff I got the other day. I would give the quickshine 5/5 for sure. Its great stuff, leaves a rich shine and doesnt take the depth away from a wax at all, super nice and smooth and slick when applying.

wytstang
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Matt try not using the wax until the CK carnauba moose wax is dead that way you know how long it can last before reapplying. No use wasting product it can get pricey pretty quick, and keep watching the "deal" forum I'm sure Cleakote will be on sale so you can stock up and save $$ in the long run.

Matt94GT
06-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Matt try not using the wax until the CK carnauba moose wax is dead that way you know how long it can last before reapplying. No use wasting product it can get pricey pretty quick, and keep watching the "deal" forum I'm sure Cleakote will be on sale so you can stock up and save $$ in the long run.

Yeah I know I used WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much product last time too. I just like shining it up before car shows etc with a nice coat of wax. Im going to try out that Z-Best-Wax probaly on the 25th...then ill go back to the Clear Kote a month later for a car show and see how it comapres with proper application procedures (not 1/2 bottle of each step haha)

ScottB
06-09-2006, 08:40 PM
gentlemen, please remember no links to competitors product. We will allow it to be discussed but please remember no links, thanks !

Matt94GT
06-09-2006, 08:41 PM
sorry bud ill remember next time :D