PDA

View Full Version : Removing swirls and light scratches

muscleman
03-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Looming to remove swirls and light scratches from my car for the first time, I'm planning on using an orange lake country pad with ultimate compund follwed by megs 205 or just using 205 for both pads.... what should i exspect , how many passes ? And any advice for my first time buffing and yes i have watche'd tons of video abd read a lot

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

Evan.J
03-16-2014, 05:29 PM
What machine?

How bad are the swirls and scratches? Photo of the paint?

Don't forget to do a test spot with the least aggressive method first. You may not need the do the Ultimate compound with the orange pad of your test spot shows that it can be done with the m205.

If your using a DA like a porter cable or meguiars G110v2 then you should expect to do 6-8 section passes for each section per panel.

Remember to keep you pad clean at all times work slow take your time no need to rust. Switch your pad at least after every panel. Tape off all your trim cover up your windshield. Above all else have fun!

muscleman
03-16-2014, 06:05 PM
I am using pc7424xp and ok ill try that sounds like solid advice... and would it hurt to only use white pad and m205 in most areas and only use orange pad on places where the scratches are ?

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online