View Full Version : Uww+ vs garry deans infinite use detail juice

Pages : [1] 2

muscleman
03-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Can anyone compare these as a waterless wash, rinseless and or QD

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online

Old Tiger
03-16-2014, 02:48 PM
I can't imagine the cost vs. performance can be justified. I recall Swanick doing a comparison a few months back.

muscleman
03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
I can't imagine the cost vs. performance can be justified. I recall Swanick doing a comparison a few months back.

What do you mean by this ?

Rsurfer
03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Iud not worth the cost based on performance.

muscleman
03-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Ok cool so from the research i have done looks like UWW+ preforms better than anything especially for the money

swanicyouth
03-16-2014, 04:36 PM
I think IUDJ is every bit as good as UWW+. Really, both are first class products. It's like splitting hairs saying which is better. If you have one, you probably don't need the other. If your shopping here and want to support AG, get UWW+ - it also comes out a bit cheaper.

andrewbmw
03-16-2014, 08:04 PM
No one talks about Meguiars waterless wash which I find odd. People are raving that UWW+ can make 5-6 gallons for $20. Meguiars,Express wash goes for max $40 and can make 128 gallons of waterless wash!!! Yes, it does not have any polymers in it, but if you are looking at it from a pricing standpoint, holy smokes!

CM8 6MT
03-17-2014, 01:09 AM
No one talks about Meguiars waterless wash which I find odd. People are raving that UWW+ can make 5-6 gallons for $20. Meguiars,Express wash goes for max $40 and can make 128 gallons of waterless wash!!! Yes, it does not have any polymers in it, but if you are looking at it from a pricing standpoint, holy smokes!

Funny you mention this because I have a huge article coming our regarding D115 vs UWW+.

Second, D115 in fact DOES have polymers in it. Although I think your off on the 128 gallon portion. The recommended ratio is 4:1, which would allow you to make 5 gallons of product. Yes there are higher dilution ratios you can achieve, but you compromise looks & protection.

andrewbmw
03-17-2014, 01:46 AM
Funny you mention this because I have a huge article coming our regarding D115 vs UWW+.

Second, D115 in fact DOES have polymers in it. Although I think your off on the 128 gallon portion. The recommended ratio is 4:1, which would allow you to make 5 gallons of product. Yes there are higher dilution ratios you can achieve, but you compromise looks & protection.

I am talking about D114

muscleman
03-17-2014, 02:07 AM
Please explain guys !

CM8 6MT
03-17-2014, 02:18 AM
I am talking about D114

Ah I see. I would have no idea then, I havent tried or compared that product. Ive only used & compared D115 to UWW+

Ultima wins in the price/dilution category. However D115 blows it out of the water in looks, slickness & protection left behind. To me, this is worth the extra money.

I use and love both Ultima WW+ & D115. I use Ultima when I need the paint cleaned and dont want any of the polymers interferring with the paint correction process.

Rsurfer
03-17-2014, 01:50 PM
I use Ultima when I need the paint cleaned and dont want any of the polymers interferring with the paint correction process.

Doesn't UWWP have polymers?:confused:

andrewbmw
03-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Meguiars has D114, which is express wash, and D115 which is express wash and wax. D114 can be diluted to 1:256 for waterless or rinseless wash. D115 should be diluted 1:4 some people dilute it all the way to 1:8.

D114 Makes 128-256 gallons of ready to use product for about $35. This has no wax and cleans the surface really well with extremely small amount of residue they you wipe off. Great bang for your buck, but no protection. Can use at stronger dilution ratios to use like an IPA for taking of compounding and polish residues.

D115 makes around 5-10 gallons of ready to use for $65. Not so good for bang for your buck. It has waxes in it and will require you to buff it off to level and take off extra residue. Fantastic waterless wash that leaves great protection behind. I would include a wax and wash into any detailers arsenal because they pay extra for the wax and it does not take to much time to buff it off for an extra $20 =)

UWW+ makes 5-6 gallons for about $20. Extremely easy to use, good for bang for your buck compared to D115, but not so much compared to D114. UWW does have polymers for protection and I have heard it does not leave any residue. I really want to use it on a hot day here is Southern California on hot black paint and glass to see if it really does not leave anything behind because its hard for me to believe it doesn't. I want to try it out so maybe I could write a review on all 3 of these products?

So I see D114 as a great WW for maintenance washes and is great for cost savings. D115 great product, pricey, waxes whiles washing. What I would really like to test and find out is how UWW protection VS D115 protection.

Maybe I should write a review? =)

andrewbmw
03-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Doesn't UWWP have polymers?:confused:

Yes UWW+ does have polymers

ousooner2
03-17-2014, 02:59 PM
I wonder how Duragloss #932 (rinseless w/ Aquawax) compares. I have UWW+ and DG 932, but haven't had enough time to really compare them in many ways. Used both though and they're great. The DG 932 leaves no residue for me and comes out looking great. No scratches, etc, but I use 12+ MF towels for the paint alone each wash. This is all on soft, Honda paint

DG #932 is $40 for 128oz (1oz = 2gal.). Same dilutions as Meg's D114, but includes the 'Aquawax', which I've heard is more like a sealant.