PDA

View Full Version : Shhhh ..... Four Star Sampled New Coating at Detailfest

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
03-16-2014, 08:41 AM
For those lucky enough to visit the Four Star exhibit at Detailfest yesterday they were treated with a "yet to be released" beta test coating product from Four Star called Ion Paint Coating. Keep your eyes peeled as we hope to see some healthy reviews and a possible release date for this product.

I am hearing this its UPP on Steroids !!!!

cleanmycorolla
03-16-2014, 08:54 AM
literally too many coatings out now, getting crazy.

swanicyouth
03-16-2014, 09:13 AM
I got the promo stuff and the sample. This doesn't seem like what we think of as a "coating", but a product designed to repel dust through a positive charge on the paint.

The 4* guy told me durability is 3-6 mos.

Pats300zx
03-16-2014, 12:51 PM
I got a sample as well. Looks like an interesting product. I am looking forward to giving a try.

BrutalNoodle
03-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Four Star makes great products. Aside from UPP, I'm very happy with their Spray Wax Plus & Leather Cleaner Gel.

I'm definitely going to try this new coating. If it's true that dust repelling is what it's designed to do... Perfect. One more reason why I should try it.

swanicyouth
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/ru5ymu6u.jpg

BrutalNoodle
03-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks, Swanic! :props:

Edited to add: I wonder if it's going to be strictly under the Sonus line, or would we see it under the Ultimate line as well. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

FUNX650
03-16-2014, 05:15 PM
a product designed to repel dust through a positive charge on the paint.

I'm definitely going to try this new coating. If it's true that dust repelling is what it's designed to do... Perfect. One more reason why I should try it.
Since an atom of this Sonus-product, under normal circumstances, can't lose any protons:
What type of charge does auto paint...let's say it's a BC/CC paint system...have in order for a chemically-induced ionic bond to take place?

On a related note:
What electrical charge, (if any), does dust have...
And does this depend on the "types" of dust that are generated?

Bob

addysdaddy
05-13-2014, 02:23 PM
I got the promo stuff and the sample. This doesn't seem like what we think of as a "coating", but a product designed to repel dust through a positive charge on the paint.

The 4* guy told me durability is 3-6 mos.

Anyone get around to testing their samples yet? I'm definitely curious.

swanicyouth
05-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Anyone get around to testing their samples yet? I'm definitely curious.

Nope. I'm waiting for someone else like you. Or, I'm waiting for the product to launch so I can read some copy. Still not quite sure if this is a sealant or a coating. Googled it a month ago and the Sonüs website gave no info.

Someone's gotta be beta testing this someplace????

The Guz
05-13-2014, 03:29 PM
SONUS Coating - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/off-topic/45035-sonus-coating.html)

swanicyouth
05-13-2014, 03:36 PM
SONUS Coating - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/off-topic/45035-sonus-coating.html)

Damn. Beads look pretty tight.

addysdaddy
05-13-2014, 03:48 PM
thanks for the link guz.

kevincwelch
05-13-2014, 04:27 PM

Too many sealants and waxes? :confused:

grovlet
05-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Too many sealants and waxes? :confused:

Yes - Too Many:iagree: I mean it's all good - but really how many can you actually apply to a car at once?

It seems like there's this influx of new sealants/coatings to try these days - but there were only a select few candidates just a year ago that were "New Tech":buffing:

Don't get me wrong - I like to try "Cool New Stuff" to make my cars really stand out - but this is too many to keep up with:autowash: