PDA

View Full Version : My price list

Pages : [1] 2

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Heres my price list what do yall think? (Im in North GA)

exterior package

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels

Cars $40
Suv/pick-ups $50

Interior package

vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $30
Suv/pick-ups 40

Interior & exterior

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels
vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $70
Suv/pick-ups $90

cardaddy
03-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Those prices are going to kill you dude.

Take it you're going to be mobile? Just your time to get from job to job costs more than $50. I wouldn't load up a truck and drive 10 miles to wash a car for $50. :rolleyes:

When you're saying wash then wax, I take it no claying, no Nanoskin, right? So you're putting what type of wax on? For $40~$50 it better not be anything more than Duragloss 951 or Mequiar's 156. The durability is FINE and they have excellent slickness.

I'd put cars at $75 (and up) and SUV's, pickups, larger stuff at $100 and $125 minimum. Gather up a market of people that are willing to pay your prices and ENJOY your service. When you show up and spend 2+ hours washing their vehicle then they'll start to understand what all you do, and WHY you are so special. Don't accept ordinary, too many ordinary guys out there.

I recently went to a Hennessy dealership here in town and they had signs up, "Hand Wash $9.95", and "Full Detail & Wax $19.95". I just laughed! That is ORDINARY! You cannot compete with that. You DO NOT want to compete with that.

Just a thought......

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 12:37 AM
Those prices are going to kill you dude.

Take it you're going to be mobile? Just your time to get from job to job costs more than $50. I wouldn't load up a truck and drive 10 miles to wash a car for $50. :rolleyes:

When you're saying wash then wax, I take it no claying, no Nanoskin, right? So you're putting what type of wax on? For $40~$50 it better not be anything more than Duragloss 951 or Mequiar's 156. The durability is FINE and they have excellent slickness.

I'd put cars at $75 (and up) and SUV's, pickups, larger stuff at $100 and $125 minimum. Gather up a market of people that are willing to pay your prices and ENJOY your service. When you show up and spend 2+ hours washing their vehicle then they'll start to understand what all you do, and WHY you are so special. Don't accept ordinary, too many ordinary guys out there.

I recently went to a Hennessy dealership here in town and they had signs up, "Hand Wash $9.95", and "Full Detail & Wax $19.95". I just laughed! That is ORDINARY! You cannot compete with that. You DO NOT want to compete with that.

Just a thought......

Thanks for the advice! I thought it was a little low thats why I asked. The only brands I really plan on using is ONR and Mequiars. Im not adding clay until I learn to use it. I will edit my price list then post it again. Thanks again.

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 12:40 AM
Is this seem better

exterior package

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels

Cars $125
Suv/pick-ups $135

Interior package

vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $100
Suv/pick-ups $120

Interior & exterior

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels
vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $225
Suv/pick-ups $255

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Is this seem better

exterior package

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels

Cars $125
Suv/pick-ups $135

Interior package

vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $100
Suv/pick-ups $120

Interior & exterior

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels
vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $225
Suv/pick-ups $255

I think you may be going a little high now for what you are offering. Maybe find the middle ground or offer more for what you're charging.

dcjredline
03-16-2014, 01:01 AM
lol, I was gonna say...I could NEVER get those prices here for vacuuming someones car.

For what your doing Exterior I too charge $40 (wash, D156, vacuum, wheels) BUT I am not trying to eat on these jobs. I work full time and do this as a pseudo hobby
I dont have an interior package as you describe it, I do offer a full detail of the interior and its more along the $100 range.

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 01:08 AM
lets try this

exterior package

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels

Cars $60
Suv/pick-ups $70

Interior package

vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $30
Suv/pick-ups $40

Interior & exterior

ONR wash
wax
tires & wheels
vacuum
inside windows
cleaning

Cars $90
Suv/pick-ups $100

Real Riders
03-16-2014, 01:23 AM
Let me know if this sounds correct

Time on the exterior detail after you arrive at the car - 40 minutes

ONR wash --- spray wax? -- clean wheels - tires

It usually takes me about 40 minutes to clean a car using this process and I also clean the wheel wells and dress tires in about 40 minutes

If you did 4 cars a day which may take 5 hours including driving time
$125 a car x 4 = $500 a day for 5 hours work
if you did this 6 days a week = $3000 a week

$3000 a week x 50 weeks a year (two weeks vacation)
= $150,000 a year washing cars part time (5 hours a day)

I like this business plan

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Correct me if I am wrong.

Time on the exterior detail after you arrive at the car

ONR wash --- spray wax? -- clean wheels - tires

It usually takes me about 35 to 40 minutes to clean a car using this process and I also clean the outside windows and wheel wells in about 40 minutes

If you did 4 cars a day which may take 5 hours including driving time
$125 a car x 4 = $500 a day for 5 hours work
if you did this 6 days a week = $3000 a week

$3000 a week x 50 weeks a year (two weeks vacation)
= $150,000 a year washing cars part time (5 hours a day)

I like this business plan

Well can someone suggest what to offer. The first ones I offered was to low and all the others are two high.

crober53
03-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Facebook.com/frmd1
go there my price list is in the photo albums. Feel free to steal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

AutowerxDetailing
03-16-2014, 01:43 AM
Well can someone suggest what to offer. The first ones I offered was to low and all the others are two high.

Perhaps I may offer a toolkit to help you design your packages. I made this spreadsheet to gauge the profitability of my services when I was first starting out. Since then I have slowly revised and upgraded it to fit my business needs. Even now I use it when I am running "specials" or discounting services for a coupon to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot. I also made a generic version to share with my forum friends for times like this (look for the "updated" version 2 on page 6). I hope it helps! :props:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/61498-detailing-time-chart-6.html

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Perhaps I may offer a toolkit to help you design your packages. I made this spreadsheet to gauge the profitability of my services when I was first starting out. Since then I have slowly revised and upgraded it to fit my business needs. Even now I use it when I am running "specials" or discounting services for a coupon to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot. I also made a generic version to share with my forum friends for times like this (look for the "updated" version 2 on page 6). I hope it helps! :props:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/61498-detailing-time-chart-6.html

Thanks for the info

Real Riders
03-16-2014, 01:53 AM

Every market is different. If you are doing an ONR wash and wax on business clients like lawyers and stock brokers who own Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Porsche, or any other high end car, I think a $100 a car may work. If you are doing ONR washes on a retired neighbors Buick, you may have to lower your price

ConeArrow27
03-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Every market is different. If you are doing an ONR wash and wax on business clients like lawyers and stock brokers who own Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Porsche, or any other high end car, I think a $100 a car may work. If you are doing ONR washes on a retired neighbors Buick, you may have to lower your price

Thats why I started with low pricing at the very beginning. Sorry I got frustrated but It seemed like you were making fun of my price list instead of offering advice. I'm a rookie I dont know. I only increased my price cos I was told to.

thebamboo23
03-16-2014, 02:08 AM
you really have to see how the market is in your area

find the top 5 most reputable detailers/shops in your area and see what their prices are and the work they put out