PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Painted Car Care

Therealkennylee
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
So i just got my whole car repainted. 2 stage Riviera Blue paint.

Wondering what I should do to give the new paint proper care. Do I let it sit outside for a few days to cure the paint better?

Any advice would help

What I have in my arsenal

Menzerna Fast Glose FG-400
Menzerna Super Finish SF-4000
Menzerna Color Lock
Menzerna Power Lock

Lake Country Pads and a portercable

jamesboyy
03-15-2014, 10:30 PM
You must wait at least 30 days before attempting to polish, wax, seal the paintwork that way the paint had time to cure

Just02896
03-15-2014, 10:35 PM
How fresh is freshly painted? I've done compounding and polishing on day old paint before. Waxing, sealing, or coating SHOULD NOT be done for at least 30 days.

CowboyTruckn
03-15-2014, 11:43 PM
No waxes or anything like that. Most paint is buffed at shop so polishing shouldn't be an issue unless it is an aio product. Washing I'd fine. I myself waited a little too wash to allow cure time. I waited 90 days to wax.

Therealkennylee
03-16-2014, 12:39 AM
No waxes or anything like that. Most paint is buffed at shop so polishing shouldn't be an issue unless it is an aio product. Washing I'd fine. I myself waited a little too wash to allow cure time. I waited 90 days to wax.

They wet sanded the car it looked like. Just had micro swirls, would it be ok to hit it with Menzerna Super Finish SF-4000? If so which lake country pad should i use with it?

Also should i wait for paint to cure then use the sf4000 and wax and seal

thx for all the replies.