PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out need advice on what to use on black truck?

radi8u
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I have a 2002 ford 150 it has a few scratches on it but it just doesn't shine anymore was just wondering what to use and whether or not to use a buffer or just do it by hand since i have never used one before.

Thejoyofdriving
07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
You can never achive the same results by hand as you could with a buffer. once you use a buffer you will never go back, it is the only real practical way to remove defects. go with a machine, you will not regret it! keep in mind there are diffrent types of machines, random orbitals or circular buffers, Random orbitals are easy, anybody can use them, and it is easy to get great results your first time. and with a random orbital it is almost immposible to mess up. I would recomend a random orbital. As for product suggestions, it would recomend menzerna.

supercharged
07-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I have a 2002 ford 150 it has a few scratches on it but it just doesn't shine anymore was just wondering what to use and whether or not to use a buffer or just do it by hand since i have never used on before.
If its '02, and doesn't shine anymore it's probably dull. You will need a machine to do the work. If you don't have one, I highly suggest that you look at new Ultimate Detailing Machine, it's an awesome tool and it can get some serious job done. Look at Menzerna polishes, or Pinnacle XMT. Cannot go wrong with either one.

Dust2Glory
07-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Definately go with the UDM for your machine. Then get either the XMT intermeditae scratch removal kit, or the menzerna polish kit. both come with pads that will work for the UDM. then either get souveran paste, if you can't afford that, natty's red, or xmt 180 will work just as good. also get some quick detail spray and some microfiber towls

Thejoyofdriving
07-12-2007, 05:24 PM
..and some microfiber towls

Dont you mean alot of microfiber towles;)

ScottB
07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
the Pinnacle Sizzling Shine kit is a great start ... consider the extra 15% off and likely free or reduced shipping also on our sister site Pinnaclewax.com- Pinnacle Car Care Products (http://www.pinnaclewax.com)