PDA

View Full Version : 100% ????????

Pages : [1] 2

Epkmvuoq
03-15-2014, 11:51 AM
100% perfect absolutely no swirls and tiny scratches !!!!
Under normal conditions I cans still find tiny bits of left over
Swirls and very tint scratches. I have a sure fire led light with 240
Lumens. I can still SEE them. Rather than drive myself crazy please
Tell me if Mike would polish my car would it be 100%
I know it's left to the satisfaction of the personal self, however what is acceptable for the normal person ???
PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Flash Gordon
03-15-2014, 12:25 PM
You're not going to get 100%. Quit cleaning and go for a drive

Epkmvuoq
03-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Just in case you wanted to know, I have a red 2010 Camaro. Everyone thinks it looks stunning except me when I look real close !!!!! LOL

Flash Gordon
03-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Sounds like you have the disease. Welcome to the club

MitchLiving
03-15-2014, 01:15 PM
you're not going to get 100%. Quit cleaning and go for a drive

lmao!

GreatAvalon
03-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Yep, what flash said!

Is your camero a DD? If so, you spend the time to get it to 98% perfect and then a person brushes against it in the parking lot and bam, light surface scratches. All that time and effort ruined since your back at the 95% you were at before the 20 hours of work to get that 3 extra percent!

Epkmvuoq
03-15-2014, 01:34 PM
No it is not a dd. I would like to know what 98% looks like. I think that
Would answer my question.

VP Mark
03-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Sounds like we need to see pics :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Epkmvuoq
03-15-2014, 01:36 PM
How much stuff would you see on a 95% finished paint correction ??

TundraPower
03-15-2014, 01:38 PM
100% perfect absolutely no swirls and tiny scratches !!!! Under normal conditions I cans still find tiny bits of left over Swirls and very tint scratches. I have a sure fire led light with 240 Lumens. I can still SEE them. Rather than drive myself crazy please Tell me if Mike would polish my car would it be 100% I know it's left to the satisfaction of the personal self, however what is acceptable for the normal person ??? PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Zero swirls and tiny scratches is achievable but only on a show car, and only for a very short while. The wind blowing pollen across a finish like this will scratch it. Perfection, however is not achievable, and to subscribe to such a notion is often a sign of a delusional mind. Seriously, enjoy your work and go have some fun :dblthumb2:

GreatAvalon
03-15-2014, 01:57 PM
How much stuff would you see on a 95% finished paint correction ??
I consider my paint 95% on my DD. You can count the swirl marks on one hand....IF you can even find them :D. My extremely few swirl marks are not in the shape of a swirl, instead they are in straight lines so it is really hard to see them. I could polish them away easily, but why take any clear off if its not needed? Plus since mine is a DD I want to save the CC for any future polising that may be required, you never know what is going to happen to it. I consider 95% when very, very little defects are there and they can not be seen unless you have the "right light".

I recently did a maintenance polish with sf4500 so I literally viewed every single straight line swirl mark on my car. You can count with one hand. If I had a $100k GTR as a garage queen, I would be happy with the GTR in the same condition of my DD. Same for your Camaro...get it 95% and burn some rubber!!! :xyxthumbs:

GreatAvalon
03-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Others may think 95% as different than me though.

FUNX650
03-15-2014, 02:18 PM
-Is it your fear of disapproval by others, that causes your excessive need for 100%-perfection (OCPD)?

Sure...Other factors, like: biological, environmental, etc., play an important role in shaping this type of personality.

And: Parents---YES!! Let's put at least some, if not all, of the blame on the parents!

-I'll suggest:
Shoulds? Give up the shoulds!!

I find it best to try to live my life without those nagging thoughts of 'I should have done this, that, or the other'...all in order to achieve some kind of perfection...let alone 100% perfection

I take due notice of any "shoulds", and make a conscious choice about whether they are really something in the realm of being life-or-death...
or just the effect from residual, societal-shoulds that I'm just holding on to. You know...
"A Clockwork Orange"; "Dark City"; "1984"; "The Illuminati"...sort of marketing-programmes'-shoulds.

-And, after all:
There is only so much clear-coat paint to continually be attempting to: "perfect", until you run out of it!!

Bob

Kamakaz1961
03-15-2014, 02:39 PM
You're not going to get 100%. Quit cleaning and go for a drive

LOL So true!!!! Not 100% But 90-95% is good!! Agreed Quite cleaning and go for a drive ENJOY the Ride!!....Have an awesome day!

:Picture:

KBsToy
03-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Sounds like you have the disease. Welcome to the club

:iagree: