jamesboyy
03-15-2014, 12:24 AM
You mix 1/2 oz waterless wash to 22oz of water

cleanmycorolla
03-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Same as the waterless dilution.

muscleman
03-15-2014, 12:29 AM
whats the difference between waterless and qd ?

Dogfather
03-15-2014, 12:35 AM
I get a gallon of distilled water and fill an old Adams detail spray container about halfway, add 3oz. of UWW+ conc. then add the rest of the the water. Put the cap on and give it a shake.
It's just a little pinch more concentrated than their recommendation.

muscleman
03-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Use distilled water.

why?

cleanmycorolla
03-15-2014, 12:41 AM
whats the difference between waterless and qd ?
In the case of this product they both are the same. Typically though a QD is for a quick touch up. And a waterless is for some higher degree of film and dirt than a QD could offer proper cleaning of.

why?
You use distilled water because it offers a more pure base for which the product can "get into" for lack of a better term. Tap water has chemicals, and fluoride, etc...things that can cause the product to streak and perhaps alter the properties of your product.

To learn more check out the how to section.

muscleman
03-15-2014, 12:43 AM
In the case of this product they both are the same. Typically though a QD is for a quick touch up. And a waterless is for some higher degree of film and dirt than a QD could offer proper cleaning of.

You use distilled water because it offers a more pure base for which the product can "get into" for lack of a better term. Tap water has chemicals, and fluoride, etc...things that can cause the product to streak and perhaps alter the properties of your product.

To learn more check out the how to section.

thanks! and if you don't use distilled is it a big deal honestly ? im going to just wondering

cleanmycorolla
03-15-2014, 12:45 AM
thanks! and if you don't use distilled is it a big deal honestly ? im going to just wondering

99.9% of the people who I know of who use these products use distilled water. IMO there's no other way. Do it extra awesome or dont do it at all. :dblthumb2:

muscleman
03-15-2014, 12:46 AM
99.9% of the people who I know of who use these products use distilled water. IMO there's no other way. Do it extra awesome or dont do it at all. :dblthumb2:

cool is there a cheaper way of getting distilled water than buying by the gallon at the store?

GreatAvalon
03-15-2014, 12:47 AM
oops...just diluted ONR to QD with tap water...uh oh

cleanmycorolla
03-15-2014, 12:50 AM
cool is there a cheaper way of getting distilled water than buying by the gallon at the store?

Unfortunately looks like you have to pony up the 2.99. Unless you have a humidifier and capture the reclaim. But who has time to do that.

oops...just diluted ONR to QD with tap water...uh oh
Not the end of the world, next time remember and notice how much better it performs. :dblthumb2:

GreatAvalon
03-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Not the end of the world, next time remember and notice how much better it performs. :dblthumb2:
I tried to use it to clean windows and it streaked like no other haha. I obviously have a lot to learn still! Thanks for the info man :xyxthumbs:

215Detailing
03-15-2014, 07:15 AM

Steam Pure Counter Top Water Distiller - FreshWaterSystems.com (http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-5849-pure-water-steampure-countertop-water-distiller.aspx?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Product&utm_term=SP-16)

215Detailing
03-15-2014, 07:20 AM

I had a 32 oz bottle mixture of TAP WATER & ONR, added extra ONR, with in a weeks time the BLUE color of ONR was disappearing.
For lack of better term the ONR was ATTACKING or adhering to the chemicals in the TAP WATER, after two weeks the mixture was almost clear.
Now I add ONR to distilled water and it's blue as day oneIm the MAN