PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle or Wolfgang leather condition better?

doodoo
03-14-2014, 06:29 PM
I am looking to place an order with the detailfest sale going on. One of the items I would like to purchase is a leather condtioner. MY family has 5 cars with leather interiors and havent been cleaned or condtioned in a little over a year. I have narrowed it down to either pinnacle or wolfgang leather conditioner due to the bulk size of 128oz. Any one have experience with these and which is better? Thanks for your input!

doodoo
03-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Anyone? I also read that conditioner is a waste of money on coated leather. Is this true?

crober53
03-15-2014, 03:49 PM
I honestly love meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. One gallon and makes the seat look new. However, I only use meguiars on interior. WG and CG on exterior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

BFEHB
03-15-2014, 04:51 PM
I am looking to place an order with the detailfest sale going on. One of the items I would like to purchase is a leather condtioner. MY family has 5 cars with leather interiors and havent been cleaned or condtioned in a little over a year. I have narrowed it down to either pinnacle or wolfgang leather conditioner due to the bulk size of 128oz. Any one have experience with these and which is better? Thanks for your input!I have used the Pinnacle Leather cleaner with a brush on some very dirty leather seats and they turned out great. The seats are back to their original color and they look and feel excellent. I used the Pinnacle conditioner after the cleaner, I could not tell you if that is a necessary step or not. The leather turned out nice though. I don't think the conditioner by itself would have done much. I would suggest a cleaner and a good brush.

doodoo
03-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I have used the Pinnacle Leather cleaner with a brush on some very dirty leather seats and they turned out great. The seats are back to their original color and they look and feel excellent. I used the Pinnacle conditioner after the cleaner, I could not tell you if that is a necessary step or not. The leather turned out nice though. I don't think the conditioner by itself would have done much. I would suggest a cleaner and a good brush.

Another item in my cart is optimum opti clean which I was going to dilute and clean the leather. I have the brush attachment for my griot da orbital. I was looking for solely a leather conditioner only to protect and condition the leather.

doodoo
03-15-2014, 05:59 PM
I honestly love meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. One gallon and makes the seat look new. However, I only use meguiars on interior. WG and CG on exterior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

Thanks, I have read that a seperate cleaner and conditioner is better than both combined. Otherwise meguiars is would be a good cost effective choice.

BFEHB
03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Another item in my cart is optimum opti clean which I was going to dilute and clean the leather. I have the brush attachment for my griot da orbital. I was looking for solely a leather conditioner only to protect and condition the leather.Excellent! In that case, I liked the way the conditioner finished. It was not slick or sticky like the Lexol conditioner seems to get. Truth be told though, I am not sure there was much difference between the cleaned leather and the cleaned and conditioned leather. It might have been a tad more supple and maybe it added some protection to prevent drying and cracking. It still looks and feels good a couple of months later. I like the Pinnacle products for leather much better than the Lexol and the Meguiars products I had previously used. Like you mentioned, I am just not sure if a conditioner does anything. It was easy to apply though so I am going to keep on using it, plus it smells nice :)

Centexhokie
03-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Force Field Leather Cleaner. It cleans and conditions leather with mink oil. You can get it at a Joann's fabric shop for $10.99 minus their 40% off or you can pay more for something else. It has no smell.