PDA

View Full Version : Love Folex buuutttt.

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
03-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Had a customer with some BAD stains in her carpeting from a coke. My steps were:

Soak with folex
scrub with brush
dab with rag

At this point stains were 65-70% better so I steamed them and they got better but I wanted more improvement and then I remembered getting a sample m 303 spot remover sent to me and walah stains gone.

Now what im wondering is did the 303 do so well because the folex did its job or is 303 my new spot remover?

Any thoughts?

Steve

SANTA3013
03-14-2014, 06:08 PM
I love Folex too and it is my go to. Just a suggestion that you may want to consider in your process. I wet with Folex and I will dab the spot/stain first otherwise my thinking is you are just pushing the stain further into the material. Then I will wet again and use a brush if necessary. I think you'll see a big difference. Try it and see.

DogRescuer
03-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Great thought thanks

HateSwirls
03-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Folex is my go to carpet cleaner.
I've yet to find a better one than Folex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

dcjredline
03-14-2014, 07:26 PM
I haven't been impressed so far with the 303, always follow it up with a shot of CG.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

CM8 6MT
03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Folex is my go to carpet cleaner.
I've yet to find a better one than Folex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

Really? Hmmm Ive seen several posts regarding Folex. Ive yet to try it, right now im using Ultima.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1a02f26c.jpg

Eric
03-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Folex > all others

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Compliments of Folex.

Before

After

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

stilltipping3
03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Mix a Lil APC into ur Folex to supercharge it

DogRescuer
03-15-2014, 06:45 AM

Great Idea

MattPersman
03-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Dakota foam works well too I have found on my own personal vehicle smells good too

aim4squirrels
03-15-2014, 07:58 AM

Actually, that's probably not the best idea seeing as the APC will re-attract dirt to the cleaned area. Folex is designed to clean residue free so the dirty spot won't reappear.

The thing to remember about detergent based cleaners is that soap and dirt don't hate each other, they are actually best friends. Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap. Then you rinse it all away with water, dirt and detergent. If you don't get rid of all the detergent in the surface that you cleaned, more dirt is going to stick right to it.

Folex is designed to clean without detergent, so even if you don't get all of it out of the fibers, it won attract more dirt. You ruin that property if you add a detergent based cleaner to it.

HD.Detailing
03-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Actually, that's probably not the best idea seeing as the APC will re-attract dirt to the cleaned area. Folex is designed to clean residue free so the dirty spot won't reappear.

The thing to remember about detergent based cleaners is that soap and dirt don't hate each other, they are actually best friends. Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap. Then you rinse it all away with water, dirt and detergent. If you don't get rid of all the detergent in the surface that you cleaned, more dirt is going to stick right to it.

Folex is designed to clean without detergent, so even if you don't get all of it out of the fibers, it won attract more dirt. You ruin that property if you add a detergent based cleaner to it.

This!

Folex is non ionic so it will not attract dirt hense no rinsing

Sent from my Alien ship

DogRescuer
03-16-2014, 07:02 AM

so how do you suggest using it?

Ohio Detailing
03-16-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm antsy to use up the rest of my gallons of DP's pre-treatment I still have, to start using Folex. I've never once heard anything bad about it, which is crazy in the world of internet forums.

Is it odd that AutoGeek doesn't carry the single most effective cleaner out there with an obsessed cult following? I'm sure they go through a certain selection process for carrying products, but it seems to defy reason.

The prices are wildly out of continuity from one retailer to the next... for instance, you can pay $16.46 for a 32 OUNCE bottle (plus shipping) for it... or, get it for $15.28 for an entire 128 OUNCE GALLON from either Lowe's or Home Depot. That is INSANE. Quadruple for... LESS!?