PDA

View Full Version : Keep in fridge?

scooterguitar
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Which products should be kept in the refrigerator, or is that wives tale? Also, what about winter in areas wher eit freezes, bring things inside so they don't freeze?

Neothin
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
i don't have issues with any of my products being left outside in the garage where nowadays in the midst of florida summertime, temperatures regularly get up to 90+. if freezing temperatures are expected, bring in your products. after products thaw out, they aren't the same at all.

scooterguitar
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
I am in Ohio. I noticed the freeze factor with my old Meguire's stuff from last year. I tried it this spring and wa slike, what the heck! So keeping in fridge would be for item slike paste wax, etc. that you want to keep it's form?

Reddwarf
06-07-2006, 09:33 PM
My DW is very supportive of my spending time and money on detailing my car, but somehow I think she would not be happy if i started storing my Natty's Blue in the fridge! Even though it does smell like bubble gum.

scooterguitar
06-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I wonder if some people use nay of this for drink mixers? The PB SW smless just like some fruity cocktail!

miked2
06-08-2006, 12:05 AM
I've only heard that you had to store certain Zymol ($$$) waxes in the fridge. Heat doesn't affect car products for some reason. But, definitely, if there's a chance they'll freeze, bring them in the house.

BILL
06-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Great question........

Living in the east, and when ole man winter arrives, everything comes in till the spring.......

MCA
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
I actually keep all my products indoors on shelves right above my washer and dryer - The wife let me build them for this very purpose. In regards to the original question, I keep 2 small QD bottles (Meg's LT and EO WWS) in the refrigerator for spit-shining purposes...everything else stays on the shelf.

ScottB
06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I too leave everything in the hot garage (FL), to date only my Zaino ZFX dried up.

MikeyC
06-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I keep my Zymol in the fridge because the guys at Zymol recommended I do that. Otherwise, my stuff stays out in the garage most of the year, but comes inside for the winter.