PDA

View Full Version : AOI topper

KBsToy
03-14-2014, 03:04 PM
What can I use on top of my AIO as a LSP / Topper ??

Deciding between XMT 360 and Optimum GPS..

Thanks !!

HD.Detailing
03-14-2014, 03:29 PM
why not just polish and seal?

Dogfather
03-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I would go with an LSP from the same mfg.
XMT 180 or Opti Seal respectively.
If your talking about that white camaro in your avatar; Duragloss 501 topped with 111 would look smashing.

KBsToy
03-15-2014, 04:41 AM
I would go with an LSP from the same mfg.
XMT 180 or Opti Seal respectively.
If your talking about that white camaro in your avatar; Duragloss 501 topped with 111 would look smashing.

THANKS for replies. After reading reviews on duragloss products I will go that way.

Thanks Dogfather.

inDetail
03-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Just and AIO for me then a quick wipe down with GD detail juice as a QD just as a quick clean up. I don't know about anyone else but I use an AIO for one step.

Tato
03-15-2014, 12:44 PM
I like to use a carnauba wax on top of AIO, but that may look over___ (don't know the word, sorry, like doing 'too much') for many...

I know it'll be 2-step, but if you have ever applied souveran liquid wax by hand or machine it looks like '1/8' of a step, so easy on, so easy off, everything really fast. While I'm removing the wax I careful inspect what I've done, and just left a slick and streak free finish.

.by carnauba I mean a 'pure' wax with no cleaners, like Pinnacle Souveran.

.to my eyes it looks better,

I also don't know how durability of both (AIO and Wax) may be altered by using wax on top of a 'just applied' seal, but for the 'short term' at least it looks beautiful.

So I don't think it's all that necessary, neither it's a fundamental part of the AIO process, but I like it and do it often...

Please, let me know about Duragloss you decide on.

Kind Regards.

KBsToy
03-15-2014, 01:00 PM
I like to use a carnauba wax on top of AIO, but that may look over___ (don't know the word, sorry, like doing 'too much') for many...

I know it'll be 2-step, but if you have ever applied souveran liquid wax by hand or machine it looks like '1/8' of a step, so easy on, so easy off, everything really fast. While I'm removing the wax I careful inspect what I've done, and just left a slick and streak free finish.

.by carnauba I mean a 'pure' wax with no cleaners, like Pinnacle Souveran.

.to my eyes it looks better,

I also don't know how durability of both (AIO and Wax) may be altered by using wax on top of a 'just applied' seal, but for the 'short term' at least it looks beautiful.

So I don't think it's all that necessary, neither it's a fundamental part of the AIO process, but I like it and do it often...

Please, let me know about Duragloss you decide on.

Kind Regards.

I thought the same thing its like putting a LSP on top sealant which is what I thought you could do for the shine

Durabilty I am not worry about. Looking for POP.

I read about Duragloos on website and they say to start with a bonding agent so that will be 3 steps in all, so Iam going to pass and go with XMT 360 with maybe some Wolfgang Fuzion or XMT 360 carnuba paste wax. When I do CTS I will try Optimum GPS and compare the both. Both cars are light colored.

As always thanks Tato for posting answers to my question/

Dogfather
03-15-2014, 01:20 PM
I thought the same thing its like putting a LSP on top sealant which is what I thought you could do for the shine

Durabilty I am not worry about. Looking for POP.

I read about Duragloos on website and they say to start with a bonding agent so that will be 3 steps in all, so Iam going to pass and go with XMT 360 with maybe some Wolfgang Fuzion or XMT 360 carnuba paste wax. When I do CTS I will try Optimum GPS and compare the both. Both cars are light colored.

As always thanks Tato for posting answers to my question/

A DG AIO (I prefer the cleaning power of 501) topped with a pure sealant would only be 2 steps. You mix the bonding agent 601 (1 part) with 501 (4 parts). Then top with 111 (no cleaners)/601 in the same ratio. A very durable and dazzling combo for light colors.

KBsToy
03-15-2014, 01:32 PM
A DG AIO (I prefer the cleaning power of 501) topped with a pure sealant would only be 2 steps. You mix the bonding agent 601 (1 part) with 501 (4 parts). Then top with 111 (no cleaners)/601 in the same ratio. A very durable and dazzling combo for light colors.

Thank You :)

Dogfather
03-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Thank You :)

You're welcome. I forgot to mention economical as well. If you order some DG stuff don't forget to pick up some Aquawax (spray sealant,not a wax). Use it as you dry after maintenance washes and it'll look as crisp as day one.