PDA

View Full Version : Check out my first How To Video - Reverse Light Correction

Pages : [1] 2

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Hello friends, I put this together today, this is my first attempt in a How-To. I got my new camera equipment this week and put it to use today. Let me know what you guys think and feel free to ask question.

A LIKE would be very thoughtful of you guy's

Thank You Very Much and Enjoy!

Art

Dodge Reverse Lights - Correction - YouTube (http://youtu.be/gUq2kgY9EJA)

Side Note: if all goes to plan I will be shooting another video very soon. :dblthumb2:

Gokite
03-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Now I know what to use my big plastic empty bins for! the 100 pads I will eventually have...goodness, save me!

Nice Tshirt but Gretsch is spelled wrong. Says Gibson, haha.

Couple comments, the editing is good where the video is shortened. Like the full job vid. However, if you wanna youtube, put the products label out closer, or...have a few moments where your vid is real time as you briefly explain what you're about to do and what product(s) you're going to use, then switch back to fast vid mode.

parttimer
03-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Reminds me of the claymation videos!

Tato
03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Awesome, I liked it very much!

I also agree with Gokite comments, but please, let's take it as a suggestion for improvement, not a depreciative critic. Maybe if you briefly explained something before moving into the action would make things even better. But I admit, video was A+ class.

Can we say you've used 2 bucket method with grit guards? lol

I have a similar T-shirt, but mine is spelled 'Fender'... I own a 50th anniversary american strato in 'cream' color, since I was a teenager. Modesty apart, I can play the blues and rock'n'roll like 'ringing a bell' ahah

Thanks for sharing,

Kind Regards.

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Now I know what to use my big plastic empty bins for! the 100 pads I will eventually have...goodness, save me!

Nice Tshirt but Gretsch is spelled wrong. Says Gibson, haha.

Couple comments, the editing is good where the video is shortened. Like the full job vid. However, if you wanna youtube, put the products label out closer, or...have a few moments where your vid is real time as you briefly explain what you're about to do and what product(s) you're going to use, then switch back to fast vid mode.

Funny you say that, I actually own a Gretsch guitar (orange) I have never owned a Gibson but did have a Epiphone EJ-200CE JUMBO. I always preferred Upright Bass however.

2 reasons why I don't shoot real time.

1) My camera doesn't have video record function (my gf's canon does)

2) I am kinda dreading talking to the camera :cry::D
But the show must go on!
:dblthumb2:

I tried explaining it in the beginning of the video

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/medium/Tool_and_Steps.JPG

and here too,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/medium/mf_high_spots.JPG

so maybe throughout the process like this explaining each new step with Closed Captions

Honestly, I should just get over my stage fright of talking to the camera and just go ahead and do it. :buffing:

I had to setup the camera, do the detail, go back and edit and hope that it was all captured correctly, I remember another member talking about DSLR cameras and how to use them. This is all the DSLR camera experience I have, but little by little I am learning more and more and I had to do it all alone. Having a second hand would have made things so much simpler, but my goal is to just do it solo, until Hollywood calls :laughing:

The closeup on the products sounds like a good idea, I'll try an incorporate my next go around.

and for the bin, umm... I was actually going to ask all of you guys what you guys use for Mf towel and pad storage. While it does hold a lot of items. They kinda get disorganized in there after a while lol

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. i really appreciate it :xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
03-14-2014, 10:57 AM
I like things to look the way they are suppose to look. Nice job :props:

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Awesome, I liked it very much!

I also agree with Gokite comments, but please, let's take it as a suggestion for improvement, not a depreciative critic. Maybe if you briefly explained something before moving into the action would make things even better. But I admit, video was A+ class.

Can we say you've used 2 bucket method with grit guards? lol

I have a similar T-shirt, but mine is spelled 'Fender'... I own a 50th anniversary american strato in 'cream' color, since I was a teenager. Modesty apart, I can play the blues and rock'n'roll like 'ringing a bell' ahah

Thanks for sharing,

Kind Regards.

hahaha, I didn't think about that, but it was a 2BM and with both grit guards. I was going to go post this video on MOL since I frequent there and I'll be using your 2BM joke haha

after loading the video up on YouTube and watching it. I thought to myself "I think the steps need to be explained more" and yeah you guys even suggested the same so I'll work on that next go around.

I wish there was a function where I could post it here and here your guys suggestions before loading it to youtube.

Tato
03-14-2014, 11:08 AM
haha nice you liked it ;) ... please, keep in mind that this video looks INCREDIBLE, it's technical, fun to watch and very informative.

All suggestions are because it's easy to look at something done and start pointing 'faults'. Difficult it is to do what you've done, alone.

So, no need to worry, the video is better than you think of.

At least, I've enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for sharing!

Kind Regards.

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 11:17 AM
I like things to look the way they are suppose to look. Nice job :props:

:thankyousign: Flash! :xyxthumbs:

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 11:21 AM
haha nice you liked it ;) ... please, keep in mind that this video looks INCREDIBLE, it's technical, fun to watch and very informative.

All suggestions are because it's easy to look at something done and start pointing 'faults'. Difficult it is to do what you've done, alone.

So, no need to worry, the video is better than you think of.

At least, I've enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for sharing!

Kind Regards.

Tato these suggestion remind me of how a detailer spends hours and hours and hours detailing a car for their customer.

Then the customer comes to pickup the car and sees a small wax residue left behind not all the work put prior lol (which is very true)

but when there is no wax residue left over the customer leaves super happy. That is what I strive for in my detailing and in my videos. :props:

wlshephard
03-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Awesome! I loved it just the way it is. It defiantly is a different type video than you usually see. Love the Stray Cats also. Keep up the good work. I see why art is in your forum name because this video kind of is art.

Paul Mitchell
03-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Nice video Art!

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Awesome! I loved it just the way it is. It defiantly is a different type video than you usually see. Love the Stray Cats also. Keep up the good work. I see why art is in your forum name because this video kind of is art.

It took me about 2-3 hours from start to finish. I imagine it took a lot longer because of setting up the camera, shots, etc...

I still have to work on it (to keep improving them) but I really like this style because you can see the before and after pictures in 5 minutes of hours and hours of work. Plus picking a song is really exciting too. :D

I actually want to contact my band and ask them for a copy of our CD to play some of the music in my video. So I can showcase my upright slap bass playing skills. :props:

I see detailing as a work of art actually. I think that is one of the reasons why I became so passionate about it again.

and Paul Mitchell :thankyousign: Thank You Very Much

Dogfather
03-14-2014, 01:01 PM
I can never get through a car care vid without jumping ahead.
Yours are the exception. I always watch from beginning to end.
Keep 'em coming.
:xyxthumbs:

hernandez.art13
03-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Thank You Dogfather (means a lot)

Also it was brought to my attention over on MOL that I should post 50/50 shots :doh: I completely forgot to do that. (next time) :D

well for reference here is the 50/50 shot.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/medium/Reverse_Lights.JPG