PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner wax question.

Coopers ST
03-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Can I use a cleaner wax like Megs A1216 to top a sealant like Megs NXT? I am wondering if the cleaner part would clean off the sealant.

Thanks!

cleanmycorolla
03-13-2014, 09:55 PM
It probably would remove whatever is there.

jamesboyy
03-13-2014, 09:57 PM
It may remove or reduce the strength of the sealant if a cleaner wax is used

CM8 6MT
03-13-2014, 10:02 PM
It probably would remove whatever is there.

Agree

rolop6
03-13-2014, 11:35 PM
If your not carefull it will take off the sealent, clearcoat and paint!!!But chances are you'll just be left with a wax.

davey g-force
03-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Yeah, it will take off the sealant underneath, so no point.

What are you trying to achieve?

CowboyTruckn
03-14-2014, 02:19 AM
If your not carefull it will take off the sealent, clearcoat and paint!!!But chances are you'll just be left with a wax.

Joke?

You'd be better either using a dedicated cleaner followed by a sealant. If using a cleaner wax I'd use it alone.

CM8 6MT
03-14-2014, 06:28 AM

Wow, some pretty intensive cleaner waxes out there eh...:)

Coopers ST
03-14-2014, 07:32 AM
What are you trying to achieve?

I am wanting to top a sealant with a wax that I already have. I hate to toss stuff in the trash, but not sure I would use it otherwise.

CM8 6MT
03-14-2014, 10:27 AM
I am wanting to top a sealant with a wax that I already have. I hate to toss stuff in the trash, but not sure I would use it otherwise.

LSP's that I dont use anymore or have found replacements for still have a place in my arsenal. For example ill use some of the cheap cleaner waxes to freshen up my laptop, ipad, etc.

As far as topping your sealant of choice with a wax, it would have to be a pure wax without any abbrasives or cleaning ability. If you want to stay with the Megs line, their M26 would be a great choice because it would play well with NXT. Many of the consumer line waxes that Meguiars offers have cleaners in them, with the exception of their professional mirror glaze line, which M26 falls under.

Your looking for the durability of a sealant, and also that carnuba glow if im not mistaking. I recommend Four Star UPP.