PDA

View Full Version : Pinn Sprawax application methods & best QDer

gpdallam
07-12-2007, 10:05 AM
For those who've use or are using Pinnacle SpraWax, how are you applying it? I've tried just spraying one area and wiping down with MF, then flip&buff. Did'nt work so great.

Are youall letting it dry up before buffing? Spreading with applicator rather than absorbing mf?

Polished w DG101 and sealed with WDGPS, I topped my black Avalon w Liquid Souveran (is the paste better cos the liquid is beautiful?) and the result was much better than I expected, certainly what I hoped for.

Also, I'd like any tips on great QD products. I've used Megs Final Inspection, AW, Wolf Instant Det spritz, and Mothers Showtime, well none of these knocked my socks off, i.e. cleaned off the dust and shined up the car.

I use DG 901 to wash and clay areas that call out for extra attention, as needed.

supercharged
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Pinnacle Spray Souveran is a nice spray wax. Spray it on a dry paint, one spritz per panel. Spread it with a MF applicator and buff it with a MF towel.
As far as Liquid VS paste, Souveran paste is made for blacks. If you were more then satisfied with liquid, you will be thrilled by paste. It will make that paint glowing.:righton:

Gnarboots11
07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I have used the Pinn spray wax after an intermediate wash in between big polish/seal/wax jobs just to keep my shine. It works just like supercharged said, spray on, wipe, flip over, wipe some more. I think it's a great product. As far as quick detailers go, the only one I have used if the Pinnacle Crystal Mist which is reaaaallllly nice. I love this stuff, but for the amount I like to used QD's it's too expensive for me. So any day now I should be recieving the DP quick detailer spray in the gallon jug. I am not sure how this stuff is going to be, but I am hoping it stands up to the Crystal Mist somewhat.

trlblazer3
07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
For Souveran spray application, I've gotten the best results by using a MF applicator, spreading it on each panel, then buffing off.

As far as QD'ers go, I use Clearkote QuickShine exclusively. I love the results it gives me better than any other QD that I've tried.

gpdallam
07-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Pinnacle Spray Souveran is a nice spray wax. Spray it on a dry paint, one spritz per panel. Spread it with a MF applicator and buff it with a MF towel.
As far as Liquid VS paste, Souveran paste is made for blacks. If you were more then satisfied with liquid, you will be thrilled by paste. It will make that paint glowing.:righton:

OK, i'm psyched - I'll order up some paste right away, just the regular Souveran right, not Sig II?

Have you found a particular QD to work better than others on that paste?

Gnarboots11
07-12-2007, 11:34 AM
the Pinnacle Souveran Paste is best for a solid black car. The Sig Series II is better for lighter cars and metallic flake paint. You would be best served getting the Souveran.

bambo2888
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Souveran is what you need for the black paint.

As for the Souveran Spray Wax, you had it right as long as youre not letting it dry before you buff. Simply spray once, spread, flip your MF towel, and buff.

Best QD IMHO, is Crystal Mist, hands down.

FMINUS
07-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Only ONE spritz?

I have almost every Pinnacle product but have not used them all yet. I think I will try the Spray Souveran this weekend.

The 2 products that are my favorite so far are:
QD is CG Synthetic Detailer
and for wax boosts I use CG ONE

Jimmie
07-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Souveran is what you need for the black paint.

As for the Souveran Spray Wax, you had it right as long as youre not letting it dry before you buff. Simply spray once, spread, flip your MF towel, and buff.

Best QD IMHO, is Crystal Mist, hands down.

:iagree: with Bambo2888.

supercharged
07-12-2007, 12:44 PM
OK, i'm psyched - I'll order up some paste right away, just the regular Souveran right, not Sig II?

Have you found a particular QD to work better than others on that paste?
Pinnacle Souveran paste is an outstanding wax. Works best on blacks, red, and yellow deepening the color, and making it glow. SSII works best on metallics, popping up flake. If you want popped flakes, and deep/wet finish - lean toward XMT 180. Crystal Mist works the best with Pinnacle waxes. I also like ClearKote Quikshine, and FinishKare 425 spray detailers.

ScottB
07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I find that one or two spritzes max per panel is all thats needed. You should use a medium grade MF not a super fluffy one. And yes Souveran paste is worlds apart from liquid especially on blacks, reds, and yellows.