PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait till the end of pollen season

newjay
03-13-2014, 08:14 PM
The other day I got my order in from AG and was surprisingly looking forward to detailing my new Sorento this weekend.

This will be my first detailing job ever.

I went out today and the car was covered with pollen. My first reaction was to just wipe it off. I'm glad I decided to check this forum first.

My plan was this weekend to wash, clay, polish/seal.

I was going to use the 2 bucket method and Poorboy's Polish with Sealant.

I don't have a garage so I'll need to do it out in the open.

From reading the posts here about how pollen will stretch I'm questioning if I should just wait till pollen season is over.

This is so crazy. I go from just taking my other vehicles to the local gas station car wash to now being afraid of pollen on my vehicle.

I appreciate any options or advice.

jamesboyy
03-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Well I would wait for the fact that you don't have a garage, and if pollen was to get on the paint as you was polishing, and you did not see it you'll be very hurt/have a heart attack so just wait till pollen season is over

mwoolfso
03-13-2014, 08:52 PM
If you QD prior to polishing, panel by panel, you can certainly polish the vehicle now. Whatever pollen remains on the vehicle will not only be microscopic and invisible to the naked eye, it will be crushed even more by a DA polisher and PoorBoys.

03-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Spring is almost here which is great, unfortunately with spring comes pollen...it's even worse if theres a breeze!

Blaze5154
03-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Newjay I have a similar dilemma as you. I have a lifted truck that I can't fit in my garage. I use a car tent as cover for paint correction and detailing. For your car a tent would run you about $100.00. Just a suggestion hope it helps