PDA

View Full Version : Interior Process

rocko2527
03-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Whats your process (steps) for a full interior detail? Searched a few times on here and couldn't find anything on this.

hamlyn
03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
How to Detail Your Car's Interior (http://www.autogeek.net/video-interior.html)

jamesboyy
03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
You can get some ideas from the this link Step by Step Car Interior Cleaning - Professional Detailing Business Forums (http://www.autodetailingnetworkforums.com/post/step-by-step-car-interior-cleaning-5532315?trail=15)

But mostly you start with vacuuming, and blowing out everything first, then if the carpets need cleaning then do it at this time or if they are still good then move onto cleaning the door trim dash, seats etc once that's done dress everything with the appropriate products then once its all finish check all your work

mac11wildcat
03-14-2014, 07:39 AM
I disagree with the above. My process is as follows:

-Compressed air and confined space tool on entire interior and unsettle loose dirt and to dig ground in dirt out of trim seams and such.

-Vacuum everything in the vehicle excluding any carpet (youre going to be going in and out of the vechicle, no sense in vacuuming these and tracking #### back in)

-Clean/dress (whatever that requires for your vehicle) the trim and any other surfaces that arnt the seats in the rear

-After all rear trim is clean, clean all windows in the rear of the car (doing these first will leave a strip of cleaner/dresser on them from wiping adjacent trim

-Clean/condition rear seats

-Clean/dress the dash and pillars

-Clean windshield

-Clean/dress center dash and armrest

-Clean/dress both forward seats

-Vacuum/extract carpets in both front and rear of vehicle (unless this requires getting in the car, then do this step individually for front and rear)

-Clean/dress both door cards, kick panels, door seals, and any trim you havent hit yet (which should be the "outside" of either side of the interior)

-Clean both windows and wipe door jambs

Done

This is about getting a detail done efficiently. if you have time to let the car sit then its much less vital the order you take.

ThomasonCarCare
03-14-2014, 07:54 AM
I disagree with the above. My process is as follows:

-Compressed air and confined space tool on entire interior and unsettle loose dirt and to dig ground in dirt out of trim seams and such.

-Vacuum everything in the vehicle excluding any carpet (youre going to be going in and out of the vechicle, no sense in vacuuming these and tracking #### back in)

-Clean/dress (whatever that requires for your vehicle) the trim and any other surfaces that arnt the seats in the rear

-After all rear trim is clean, clean all windows in the rear of the car (doing these first will leave a strip of cleaner/dresser on them from wiping adjacent trim

-Clean/condition rear seats

-Clean/dress the dash and pillars

-Clean windshield

-Clean/dress center dash and armrest

-Clean/dress both forward seats

-Vacuum/extract carpets in both front and rear of vehicle (unless this requires getting in the car, then do this step individually for front and rear)

-Clean/dress both door cards, kick panels, door seals, and any trim you havent hit yet (which should be the "outside" of either side of the interior)

-Clean both windows and wipe door jambs

Done

This is about getting a detail done efficiently. if you have time to let the car sit then its much less vital the order you take.

I agree, but not everyone has compressed air. I use detailing brushes of different sizes and types to knock all the dirt out and aggitate the seat to dislodge all loose dirt. but other than that, spot on.

mac11wildcat
03-14-2014, 08:10 AM
I agree, but not everyone has compressed air. I use detailing brushes of different sizes and types to knock all the dirt out and aggitate the seat to dislodge all loose dirt. but other than that, spot on.

Right, obviously use the closest substitute if you dont have access to any of that stuff. Compressed air isnt necessary at all, but man is it helpful.