PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys All Clean + Safe?

Pages : [1] 2

mark6614
03-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know if CG All Clean + Diluted 1:10 is safe on ALL wheels/tires? I am looking for a cheaper alternative to using OTC wheel cleaner but am concerned that it will dry out my tires/spot my wheels. I have asked Chemical Guys for a MSDS sheet, couldn't find it on here so I will upload that info if/when they give it.

Any help is much appreciated.

ThomasonCarCare
03-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know if CG All Clean + Diluted 1:10 is safe on ALL wheels/tires? I am looking for a cheaper alternative to using OTC wheel cleaner but am concerned that it will dry out my tires/spot my wheels. I have asked Chemical Guys for a MSDS sheet, couldn't find it on here so I will upload that info if/when they give it.

I can't speak for All Clean, but I have used Nonsense diluted 1:15 or so and that worked great.

Bunky
03-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I can't speak for All Clean, but I have used Nonsense diluted 1:15 or so and that worked great.

I have not had much luck with Nonsense diluted even carpets.

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 10:33 AM

We use all-clean on the tires during the initial wash process and on the wheels before it is returned to the customer; never had an issue (probably why its called all-clean). Spray on a microfiber, wipe wheel, win. Have yet to see it spot/blotch anything.

We use a different wheel cleaner during the wash but all clean is the last thing painted (unpolish-able metal) wheels see from us.

Tato
03-13-2014, 11:04 AM
I never complained about this issue, but I've been using All Clean + (the citrus one, right?) on wheels without any harm.

I've used it in 1:10, 1:15, 1:20 and even on these dilutions rate added with some CG Citrus Wash and Gloss on a sprayer with a 'Duck Foamer Sprayer'.

This is my favorite for cleaning wheels and underparts, which I call 'soapy APC'. I also use Soapy APC as clay lube on the wheels to remove stubborn contaminants, cleans easy as gliding the clay back and forth.

In no way this APC+ works like a dedicated wheel cleaner (like that color changing 'stuff'), and it's not the kind of Spray on and Rinse off. You'll have to do some brushing before rinsing clean, but results are always good here.

It's cheap and goes a long way, also it's multi-purpose which a dedicate wheel cleaner isn't.

I also use their (CG) Degreaser Orange and All clean (conventional) on wheels without any problem.

Hope I've helped,

Kind Regards.

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 11:09 AM
The color changing products are typically de-ironizers which is another good add-on for general car cleaning; not just wheels. I'd use a wheel cleaner w/ water before the wash, then wash the car like you normally would, then after drying, all-clean or equivalent to remove anything you missed.

CamaroSS27
03-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Try Diablo cleaner, it works great for me and cheap. Forget the exact dilution ratio on it at the moment.

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Diablo is the pre-wash wheel cleaner I was referring to. Great stuff and comes in a 1gal-plunger container. We hit it while CG Diablo and an assortment of brushes, finish our wash, and wipe them down with All-Clean before return to customer.

Plus it smells like bubble-gym, so yeah.

cleanmycorolla
03-13-2014, 12:28 PM
I've been using AC+ since it was released, never had any issues with cleaning at the higher dilutions on wheel/tires/wheel wells.

Tato
03-13-2014, 12:50 PM
The color changing products are typically de-ironizers which is another good add-on for general car cleaning; not just wheels. I'd use a wheel cleaner w/ water before the wash, then wash the car like you normally would, then after drying, all-clean or equivalent to remove anything you missed.

Thank you for clarifying this! Your sequence of steps looks really interesting.

Kind Regards.

mark6614
03-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Awesome, thanks for the responses everyone, this helps!

So the general consensus seems to agree that it's a good wheel/tire cleaner with some manual labor but might not be suited for heavily soiled wheels.

To all that mentioned Diablo I was definitely looking at getting this but it seems to be a more expensive alternative to All Clean + and doesn't appear to clean brown tires well.

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 01:13 PM
If you've already got all-clean then give it a try, it will absolutely not harm wheels and does very well getting the brown out of tires. If it isnt effective enough then give Diablo a try.

ThomasonCarCare
03-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I have not had much luck with Nonsense diluted even carpets.

For carpets I use the Lightning Fast or Folex for spot cleaning and they both work great. I use only water in my Durrmaid 1600.

CowboyTruckn
03-13-2014, 01:33 PM
I use 10 to 1 on fender wells and tires, still use wheel cleaner on the wheels. Use it 20 to 1 on interior dirt.

mark6614
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I think I'm missing something. Can someone explain how All Clean + can work really well on tires but not wheels? Usually even wheel cleaner isn't strong enough to get the brown out of tires so I'm confused as to how this is strong enough to do that but not wheels.:doh: