PDA

View Full Version : Torch Red '14 Corvette

cartract
03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Mike....I want to get started with my 2014 Corvette by doing the detailing right......I have been a long time AutoGeek customer and I'm sold on and using Blackfire and Wolfgang products. My Corvette should be here next week. Its Torch Red on Red. I have my fingers crossed they don't ship it by rail!!!!! Anyway, as I said, want to start right. I just ordered the Nano sponge for both my Flex and the hand sponge...with the proper lubricants. Using these products that I have mentioned.....how would YOU proceed starting from scratch. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim B in PA

Robbiek
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Do not let the dealership touch the car

Desertnate
03-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Mike has an article here titled something like "How to detail a new car". It should give you everything you need.

Agree with Robbiek...Tell the dealership not to do anything to your car. It will most likely have swirls from the factory, you don't want the dealership adding to it.

FUNX650
03-13-2014, 08:34 AM
It will most likely have swirls from the factory
Swirls?...
From the Bowling Green, Kentucky, Corvette assembly plant?
Are you even from the planet Earth?!?!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/77148-new-stingray-no-swirls-can-i-use-pc-safely.html

:D

Bob

Desertnate
03-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Since we've seen vehicles here from the hallowed halls of Maranello, Sant'Agata, Gaydon, Stuttgart, or even Wolfsburg come with the factory swirl option, I figured Vette's lovingly created in Bowling Green might suffer the same fate.

Jaretr1
03-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Make sure the dealership does absolutely nothing to the car. I would go to the sales person, sales manager and tell them you do not want them to remove any protective plastic, covers, or anything!!! They can do the mechanical PDI but no cosmetic preparation what so ever!!

When I bought my car last year and told the salesman not to have the car cleaned upon delivery, he looked at me like I was crazy...I then walked him over to a car in the showroom that already had the DISO on it, and he immediately understood.

Desertnate
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
When I bought my car last year and told the salesman not to have the car cleaned upon delivery, he looked at me like I was crazy...

Ditto here. I told him I was a DIY'er when it came to detailing. When checking the vehicle out I'd also asked a bunch of questions about DIY mechanical maintenance he couldn't answer, so I was labled, "One of those hands-on kind of guys".

Fortunatly he honored my request with a shrug and a strange look. The car didn't roll off the truck for me so all the packaging was gone, but there was still plenty of adhesive goo to remove and some etching from bird droppings I'll have to deal with this Spring.

JOSHL8484
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Ok NOT all dealerships are bad. I happen to manage a Lexus & Audi detail department and I would challenge anyone to find a swirl in any of our cars! We do things right with the right tools and take pride in our work. So lets not bash all dealerships.
Thanks

custmsprty
03-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Ok NOT all dealerships are bad. I happen to manage a Lexus & Audi detail department and I would challenge anyone to find a swirl in any of our cars! We do things right with the right tools and take pride in our work. So lets not bash all dealerships.
Thanks

:Picture:

JSou
03-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks

Paint inspection light walkaround with video please. K thanks.