PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guys Black wax in the sun?

Lumi
03-12-2014, 06:49 PM
A quick question you guys might be able to help me out with.

I know traditional carnauba wax melts in the sun and begins to dry.
Black wax has no carnauba and seems to be more on the synthetic/sealant side, so im assuming this wont have an issue with melting/drying in the sun?

inDetail
03-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure if CG Black wax does not have any caranuba in it. You would need to contact them. It looks like the base is polymers and I'm pretty certain the highest wax content if there is any is Montan which is black in color. Most black waxes will use a combo of Montan, Caranuba and polymers or resins. Caranuba is by far the hardest. I would contact them and see if it actually does contain any natural waxes.

Even then I would not use any wax in the sun except Poor Boys. I do think they make something called black hole which is a sealant.

ThomasonCarCare
03-12-2014, 08:20 PM
You must apply Black wax when the paint is cool to the touch. You need a good 20 min of cure time out of the sun.

Lumi
03-12-2014, 08:23 PM
thanks for the replies and sorry if my question came across wrong.

What i mean is after using the product, i go to the beach, most guys will say that the carnauba wax will begin to slightly melt and dry on the paint, and the wax breaks down in the middle of the sun at 180F. Sealants or synthetic waxes are suppose to have a melting point double or more then traditional carnauba waxes.

ThomasonCarCare
03-13-2014, 07:48 AM
thanks for the replies and sorry if my question came across wrong.

What i mean is after using the product, i go to the beach, most guys will say that the carnauba wax will begin to slightly melt and dry on the paint, and the wax breaks down in the middle of the sun at 180F. Sealants or synthetic waxes are suppose to have a melting point double or more then traditional carnauba waxes.

I'm in Oklahoma and it gets just as hot and sunny here in the summer. I use Black wax on my car and have never had an issue.